none
Group Policy to create a Scheduled Task not working

Frage

• Hi,

I'm trying to use a GPO to create a Scheduled Task on my Windows 10 Pro domain machines.

I need to create a scheduled task that runs as the interactive user (NT AUTHORITY\Interactive), but the only way that I found to be able to create a scheduled task on Windows 10, was using the NT AUTORITHY\System account.

Since I wasn't able to create it using GPO, I'm using the schtasks.exe command on a Login script deployed by a GPO.

The problem for me of that solution, is that the user needs to logoff/logon or reboot the machine so the scheduled task is created.

Why it's not possible to create scheduled tasks using other user? It was a security problem?

Donnerstag, 12. Juli 2018 19:37

Alle Antworten

• HI,

Thank you for posting.

According to my test, we could create a task scheduled on Windows10 that runs as the interactive user(NT authority\Interactive). We need to select the correct the domain which the interactive users belongs to.  Please refer to the following pictures for your reference. 

In addition, it is required that the interactive users need to be granted the permission to performance the scheduled task and we could configure it via local security policy or group policy. The following pictures for your reference: 

If you have any unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards

Julie Amlly

help.<br/> If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact <a href="mailto:tnmff@microsoft.com"> tnmff@microsoft.com</a>.

Freitag, 13. Juli 2018 09:23
  • Julie Amlly,

Thanks for replying!

I've tried it and didn't work for me...

Here are the steps of what I did:

1. Opened gpedit.msc on my machine (just to test) and applied the "Log on as a batch job" for the Interactive user:

2. Ran the command "gpupdate /force" to apply the change

3. Created a test GPO with a test scheduled task

4. Linked the GPO in the OU where my computer is

5. Ran the command "gpupdate /force" to apply the change

6. Ran the command "gpresult /R" to check if the GPO is being applied

7. Checked on the Task Scheduler and no scheduled task created....

My Windows 10 version is 1803 build 17134.165, the ADMX files on the server (Windows Server 2008 R2 all updated) are the latest that Microsoft made available.

Freitag, 13. Juli 2018 12:17
  • HI,

Thank yo for your reply. 

May we trouble you to run gpresult /H html to collect the result to of the GPO so that we could find out the specific issue for further support. 

Best regards

Julie 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Montag, 16. Juli 2018 09:34
  • Julie,

Here is the result:

I'll post in another site the image, so it's better to read:

https://postimg.cc/image/s01duofsh/
    Montag, 16. Juli 2018 13:21
  • Hi,

New information:

I can see an error related to the GPO not being able to map the username...

My Windows Server is in English and my Windows 10 PC is in Portuguese BR.

The user on the GPO is "NT AUTHORITY\Interactive", but when I add that user on gpedit.msc is "INTERATIVO"

It wasn't  supposed to use a SID instead of the name?

vor 22 Stunden 28 Minuten