none
Cannot Edit Group Policy using RSAT Tools in Windows 10 1709 (Network access is denied)

Frage

• When attempting to edit a group policy on Windows 10 1709 I always get the following error:

Failed to open the Group Policy Object. You might not have the appropriate rights.

Details: Network Access is denied.

I have built a new Window 10 1709 workstation for testing and I get the same errors. This does not happen on Windows 7 when editing a group policy.

Has anybody else experienced this issue or have tips to troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance.

Jose

Montag, 19. März 2018 17:01

Antworten

• I found a resolution. I right clicked the domain in gpmc and clicked on "Change Domain Controller" and then selected "Any available domain controller." Once I did that it selected the DC on our site and I was able to edit group policies.

Thank you to everyone for you help.

• Als Antwort markiert krakatao Donnerstag, 22. März 2018 12:20
    Donnerstag, 22. März 2018 12:20

Alle Antworten

• Hi,

Run in elevated access rights.

Thanks

Syed

Dont forget to mark as Answered if you found this post helpful.

Montag, 19. März 2018 17:03
  • I already tried "Run as Administrator and "Run as different user" with Domain Admin credentials.
    Montag, 19. März 2018 21:38
  • Is domain access through the MMC consoles scoped to specific users or IP addresses? Could a local firewall be preventing access through the Active Directory/LDAP ports?

Jason

Montag, 19. März 2018 22:25
  • Hi,

I recommend you to delete your existing user profile and login with your user account or create a new test account in AD and provide the administration rights and check do you have the same error for the new user by login on the same desktop.

Thanks

Syed. 

Dont forget to mark as Answered if you found this post helpful.

• Bearbeitet Syed Abdul Dienstag, 20. März 2018 00:49
    Dienstag, 20. März 2018 00:49
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Donnerstag, 22. März 2018 11:57
  • I found a resolution. I right clicked the domain in gpmc and clicked on "Change Domain Controller" and then selected "Any available domain controller." Once I did that it selected the DC on our site and I was able to edit group policies.

Thank you to everyone for you help.

• Als Antwort markiert krakatao Donnerstag, 22. März 2018 12:20
    Donnerstag, 22. März 2018 12:20
  • I am experiencing this exact same issue as well after applying the CIS Security Benchmark GPO to my Windows 10 1709 and 1803 machines; however, I am unable to identify what setting is causing the issue. 
    Donnerstag, 17. Mai 2018 18:40