none
Whitelist USB storage device

Frage

• We have a new USB device which streams your display to a receiver plugged into a TV. Our current USB policies are two user policies. One for denying removable storage, and one for allowing removable storage. For this specific device, we would like any user to be able to use it. We cannot find any setting or combination of settings to achieve this. The closest thing we found was the computer configuration device installation restrictions. However, that applies to any USB device, and we don't want to have to whitelist every peripheral (mice, printers, keyboards, etc) throughout the company. Is there a better way to achieve this?

thanks

Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2018 21:11

Antworten

Alle Antworten

• switch to foresight; away from hindsight. 
    • Als Antwort markiert Moniker131 Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2018 16:05
    Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2018 21:30
    Hahaha, wow. That's super helpful. Unfortunately, I can only control my sight and this purchase was not run by me or anyone on my team. So now it is my job to put the square peg into the circle hole.
    Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2018 21:45
  • I doubt we have an option to restrict specific USB, what about disabling storage all completely ? 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2018 23:38

Hahaha, wow. That's super helpful. Unfortunately, I can only control my sight and this purchase was not run by me or anyone on my team. So now it is my job to put the square peg into the circle hole.

afaik; your best bet would be to invest in a a/v that allows usb restriction/monitoring. Because; anything you are proposing now would have a lot of leg work and for less then 85ish percent success and control rate.

the a/v option allows for faster integration and inherent reporting. But, I feel I am not wrong saying that you need to change that paradigm shift in your company or you will quickly find the square to circle disparity to be insurmountable.

Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2018 14:32
  • I doubt we have an option to restrict specific USB, what about disabling storage all completely ? 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

I'm trying to do the opposite. I'm trying to allow one USB storage device.
    Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2018 16:02

afaik; your best bet would be to invest in a a/v that allows usb restriction/monitoring. Because; anything you are proposing now would have a lot of leg work and for less then 85ish percent success and control rate.

the a/v option allows for faster integration and inherent reporting. But, I feel I am not wrong saying that you need to change that paradigm shift in your company or you will quickly find the square to circle disparity to be insurmountable.

Yeah,  as soon as I'm CIO I'll shift that paradigm lol. This was a one off mistake by someone I think not running this by our team first. So it is what it is. I was actually able to get the device working without allowing it as a mass storage device, so I'm good.
    Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2018 16:05