none
Group policy client service

Frage

• This when this was introduced and is it still running under userenv.dll?

Does administrative template runs under GP Client service or userenv.dll?

Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2018 14:04

Alle Antworten

• HI, Rana.b,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

Regarding to your first issue, I am sorry that I do not understand the first issue you mentioned.  Could you please make the issue clearly so that we could further help you?

As for your second issue,  the following article for your reference:

Administrative Templates client-side extension

Administrative Templates client-side extension runs inside userenv.dll and is responsible for modifying the registry according to the Administrative Template policy settings that you configure in Local Group Policy Editor or GPMC.

Userenv.dll

The dynamic link library in which the Administrative Templates CSE runs. Userenv.dll is part of the code of the Group Policy engine and is always called whenever policy settings are processed.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2003/cc758189%28v%3dws.10%29  

We are looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Julie Amlly

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2018 07:03
  • Okay, I though userenv.dll was replaced with group policy client service with new operating system.

My first question is when was group policy client service introduced in which OS?

Freitag, 15. Juni 2018 10:22
  • Okay, I though userenv.dll was replaced with group policy client service with new operating system.

Correct. userenv was part of Winlogon in Windows 2000/XP. This imposed some security and operational risks because all GP CSEs were thus loaded into winlogon and could possibly do severe harm to the logon process :-)

My first question is when was group policy client service introduced in which OS?

Vista/2008.

Freitag, 15. Juni 2018 12:05