none
Windows Server 2008 R2 no "hidden Partition" and boot only with dvd RRS feed

• Allgemeine Diskussion

• Hallo,

I am new at the Forum. I have a problem and I think you could help me.

What we have:
    We had a Server with a RAID 5 (2TB) and a RAID 1 (250GB)

One year ago, we installed WINDOWS SERVER 2008 R2 on the RAID 5. (At this time, there only was the RAID 5 DISK).

Today we INSTALLED THE RAID 1 Disk. We reboot the Server, started the SETUP from DVD (Windows Server 2008 R2) and the Installation run throught smoothly.

After the first reboot I saw the Bootmanager with the option to choose which Windows (RAID 5 oder RAID 1 DISK) I want to boot. Everything worked great.

And this is the Problem:
    When we reboot the Server WITHOUT the DVD, I got the error BOOTMGR not Installed, Press CRTL+ALT+ENTF to reboot. When die DVD is in the DVD-Drive, the Server boots without problems. (I press nothing during the bootsequence.)

The secound problem we have is, that the new Installation of WINDOWS SERVER 2008 R2 has NO 100MB Systemdrive (hidden partition). This Partition is only @ the RAID 5 Installation.

What we want:
    We want to delete the RAID 5 Installation and the server should boot normaly without the DVD inside. Also we would like to have the "hidden Partition" on the right Partition (RAID 1, the "new" Installation)

Thank you for your help.

Donnerstag, 31. Januar 2013 15:13