none
How to change the Date format in MSP 2010?

Frage

• Is there a way to change the date format in MSP 2010 from "DAY MM/DD/YYYY" to just "MM/DD/YYYY"? 

The reason I'm asking is there are times that it would be convenient to simply copy a set of tasks, including their start and complete dates, and paste them into Excel.  Once I paste the data, I can't sort it by either set of dates because Excel doesn't recognize the pasted "date" texts as actual dates.

Thanks,

Bill

Dienstag, 5. Juni 2018 17:37

Antworten

• Yes,

Go File - Options and then select the date format you prefer from the drop down list in the Date Format section of the General Tab.

With good wishes,

Dominic

Microsoft Project Evangelist

Twitter:   LinkedIn:    Web:   

Dienstag, 5. Juni 2018 18:06
  • Hi Bill, please note you can also change the date format for specific tables as well, so you can use dd/mm/yy in one view, and day dd/mm/yy in another view.  Within Project, just edit the table and select the specific date format you wish as per the screen shot below.  Note that you want to display two date formats in a single table, this is a little more complex, but this blog https://applepark.co.uk/multiple-date-formats-project/ shows you how.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Mittwoch, 6. Juni 2018 04:41

Alle Antworten

• Yes,

Go File - Options and then select the date format you prefer from the drop down list in the Date Format section of the General Tab.

With good wishes,

Dominic

Microsoft Project Evangelist

Twitter:   LinkedIn:    Web:   

Dienstag, 5. Juni 2018 18:06
  • Great, thanks again!
    Dienstag, 5. Juni 2018 20:20
  • Hi Bill, please note you can also change the date format for specific tables as well, so you can use dd/mm/yy in one view, and day dd/mm/yy in another view.  Within Project, just edit the table and select the specific date format you wish as per the screen shot below.  Note that you want to display two date formats in a single table, this is a little more complex, but this blog https://applepark.co.uk/multiple-date-formats-project/ shows you how.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Mittwoch, 6. Juni 2018 04:41