none
Migrating to Office 365 from On-prem

Frage

• Hi all,

Currently, my environment has:

- 85 mailbox with 2GB storage

- 5 mailbox with 5GB storage

All these mailboxes are hosted with an on-premise Exchange Server 2010. The current protocol for all mailboxes is IMAP. 

One of my migration requirement is to integrate with an on-premise AD.

I do have a few questions to ask
    1. May I ask what is the more suitable / easier way to migrate? Cutover or Hybrid?

2. If Cutover is easier. Will it be able to integrate with an on-premise AD? I read some old articles, the old DirSync does not support Cutover. On some new articles and videos, the new Azure AD connect is able to work with Cutover migration.

I find it confusing while looking through all the resources online.

Please advice
    Thank You
    Peter

Mittwoch, 6. Juni 2018 02:24

Alle Antworten

• Hi Peter,

This forum focuses on general discussion for Outlook client. About the mailbox migration from Exchange 2010 to Exchange Online, it is recommended to ask a question in Exchange forum below for more suggestion:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/home?forum=onlineservicesmigrationandcoexistence

I can help you to move the thread to correct forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Mittwoch, 6. Juni 2018 07:32
  • Hi Peter,

If you want to integrate local AD with Office 365, we need to do stage migration or Hybrid migration.
    Then, if you want to integrate On-premise Exchange server, we need to do hybrid migration.

On-premises Exchange deployment after hybrid deployment with Office 365 is configured

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Donnerstag, 7. Juni 2018 02:18
  • Hi,

Any further help we can do for you?
    If it's solved, would you please post the solution here to share it with us? Thanks.
    Also, please free to mark the useful reply as answer. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Freitag, 15. Juni 2018 01:43