none
Win2012 shares using SMB v3.0 - Access with Windows 8 clients -> freezes with AV-software (even built-in MS-Defender) RRS feed

• Allgemeine Diskussion

• I've recently upgraded my server to Win2012, and had to notice lockups of the Win8client since I've upgraded.

Lockups occured during copying from or to, even only reading EXE and DLL files from 2012 shares. Explorer.exe locks on the currently accesses files. Other shares (even on the same server) still are accessible. Sometimes it can recover but mostly not. This does not happen with other file-containers like, avi, mkv, mp3, etc.

Momentary help: dis- and reenable the network adapter, if this occures.

I found the culprit to be the AV-soft, when I disabled the MS-Defender service on the Win8clients, it ran smoothly. I've could replicate this issue on three Win8clients, including one with WLAN attached.

Antivirus software tried:

-MS-Defender

-Avira Antivirus 2013

-Bitdefender (latest)

-NOD32 (latest)

I could pinpoined this behaviour down to the new SMB 3.0 functionality, since I disabled that, the clients were working errorlessly with the shares. Cutting down SMB3 features like multi-channeling did not work.

What I somehow found mysterious, is that exclusions in the AV-soft didn't change anything, so disabling network-share scanning in the realtime elements and even putting the device letters of the shares in the exclusions, did not change a thing. The server itself isn't protectet at all yet.

I am now running SMB 1.0 on my server, since I don't want to be unprotected on my clients.

If you find a working AV in combination I would be very thankful!

Montag, 25. Februar 2013 13:21

Alle Antworten

• I've recently upgraded

I could pinpoined this behaviour down to the new SMB 3.0 functionality, since I disabled that, the clients were working errorlessly with the shares. Cutting down SMB3 features like multi-channeling did not work.

Upgraded: dieses Thema wurde schon zig-mal diskutiert und es hieß immer: wer ein Upgrade macht, braucht sich über Fehler nicht zu wundern

wenn das mit der alten SMB funktioniert, könnte es durchaus am Upgrade liegen. Eventuell wurden DLLs nicht ordnungsgemäß ersetzt. Bei meinem 2012er habe ich bisher keine Probleme festgestellt was das Kopieren betrifft.

Guido Over
    MCITP Server Administrator 2008
    MCITP Enterprise Administrator 2008
    MCSA Windows Server 2008
    MCSA Windows Server 2012

Montag, 25. Februar 2013 14:01
  • Na der Server wurde neuinstalliert, das "Upgrading" war gemeint im Sinne von aufwerten. Es liegt definitiv nicht daran, passiert auch auf virtuellen Servern, und es ist einfach nachzustellen. Kopier z.B. mal eine OfficeCD auf einen Server2012 share von einem Win8-client mit aktiviertem AV... na...?

Montag, 25. Februar 2013 15:21
  • Hi,

bei Upgrade denkt man natürlich zuerst an das Upgrade von 2008 auf 2012.

Deine Konstellation habe ich letzte Woche mehrfach gehabt:

Auf meinem Notebook habe ich Windows 8 mit integriertem Virenscanner (Windows Defender) und 2 Windows Server 2012. Ich habe mehrfach komplette, extrahierte DVDs von mehreren GB auf die Freigaben kopiert. Das klappte super.

Guido Over
    MCITP Server Administrator 2008
    MCITP Enterprise Administrator 2008
    MCSA Windows Server 2008
    MCSA Windows Server 2012

Montag, 25. Februar 2013 15:39