none
User in Members and Designer Groups can't edit CEWP

Frage

• I have some users who cannot edit the webparts they have inserted on pages they have created.  It would seem to me if you can create a page and insert a web part onto the page that you should be able to edit it.  What am I missing here?

There are no mistakes; every result tells you something of value about what you are trying to accomplish.

Dienstag, 13. März 2018 16:41

Alle Antworten

• Check what SharePoint groups these users are in and the permission level assigned to these groups.  Is it Contribute, Edit, Developer?
    Dienstag, 13. März 2018 18:47
  • The person who I am focusing on is in the Contributors group, which I thought would work but did not.  So I added her to the Designer group too.

There are no mistakes; every result tells you something of value about what you are trying to accomplish.

Dienstag, 13. März 2018 19:13
  • Contribute permissions enable users to add/edit and remove personal web parts.  Design permission level is needed to add/edit/configure and remove web parts for all users.  Design permission level includes the key permission: Add and Customize Pages, which is needed to configure web parts visible by all users (and not just personal web parts).  Reference:

Also, be sure to check the security scope of the library containing the page and the security scope of the page itself, which may be disinherited from the security scope of the containing site.  if these are different, it can throw you off and present confusing results.

Dienstag, 13. März 2018 19:27
  • Thanks. I double checked the permissions for the Pages library. I inherits from the site and its Members group as Contribute permissions, and it’s Designers group has Approve rights. It seems like she should have what she needs.

Dienstag, 13. März 2018 19:47
  • Hi run4it,

Please go to site settings->Web parts->find and select “MSContentEditor.dwp” file, then click Shared With in FILES ribbon->Advanced, make sure the user has design permission on this web part.

Besides, is there any error message when the user wants to edit the web part? If so, please provide the screenshot with us or check the relevant ULS log.

And you can use other browser and check if the user can reproduce this issue.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Mittwoch, 14. März 2018 07:59
  • Hi run4it,

Is there any update?

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Sonntag, 25. März 2018 06:20
  • I am still having this problem with users who this web part has been shared with.

Donnerstag, 17. Mai 2018 21:14