none
Error: Unable to retrieve the schema when using the data view webpart RRS feed

• Allgemeine Diskussion

• Dear All

I configured a data source with SharePoint Designer 2010 to the AdventureWorks database. While configuring I used a sql-Server account with dbo rights. I selected the contact table with only two columns (ID and eMail). Everything works fine. I got the connection and the fields were shown.

But if i try to insert a data view webpart with this connection I get the message "The server returned a non-specific error when trying to get data from the data source. Check the format and content of you query and try again."

Another error says: Unable to retrieve schema. Ensure that the connection string and SelectCommand properties are valid. Unkwon objectname 'Contact'

Does someone know a solution?

Thanks a lot!

Thomas

• Typ geändert Andrei Talmaciu Dienstag, 23. November 2010 14:48 inaktiver Thread
    Donnerstag, 11. November 2010 21:07

Alle Antworten

• Hi Thomas

this is a German speaking forum. Please let me know if you encounter issues continuing in German, so that I can redirect the thread to our English forums.

Könntest du bitte den ConntectionString für die Datenbankverbindung hier posten?

Gruß
    Andrei

Dienstag, 16. November 2010 11:21
  • Were you able to find a solution to this?
    Chris G.
    Donnerstag, 6. Oktober 2011 14:03