none
Managed metadata values doesn't update from termstore

Frage

• Hi,

When I update the name of a term in the term store, the values ​​in the columns of my lists should not update automatically?

Regards,

EM.

Freitag, 6. Juli 2018 13:27

Alle Antworten

• Hi Elmata,

You should run the "Taxonomy Update Scheduler" timer job to update the name of the term in the lists after renaming the term.

Go to central administration->Monitoring->Review job definitions->find “Taxonomy Update Scheduler” timer job and click “Run now”.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Montag, 9. Juli 2018 06:55
  • Hi Sara,

I tried it but the old values are still here.

what's weird is that when I select my field it offers me the new value but when I select this new value it resets with the old one ... :(

Regards,

EM

Montag, 9. Juli 2018 14:01
  • Hi Elmata,

To troubleshoot the issue, check things below:

1. Re-run the timer job "Taxonomy Update Scheduler" in central administration.

2. Check if the timer job runs successfully.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Donnerstag, 12. Juli 2018 01:58

• Hi Elmata,

How is everything going?

Is there anything update about this issue?

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Freitag, 13. Juli 2018 00:57
  • Hi Sara,

The job runs successfully but the values are not updated :(

I don't understand this behavior. Is there a powershell way ?

Regards,

EM.

Freitag, 13. Juli 2018 08:41
  • Hi Elmata,

We can use the PowerShell script to update the metadata value in the metadata column after updating the term store.

$siteUrl = "http://yoursite"

$site = Get-SPSite $siteUrl

[Microsoft.SharePoint.Taxonomy.TaxonomySession]::SyncHiddenList($site)

$site.dispose()

More references:

Managed Metadata fun: Troubleshooting the Taxonomy Update Scheduler.

http://www.cleverworkarounds.com/2013/07/02/managed-metadata-fun-troubleshooting-the-taxonomy-update-scheduler/comment-page-1/

Terms and how to update TaxonomyHiddenList when the timer job was not able to update.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/joerg_sinemus/2011/03/03/terms-and-how-to-update-taxonomyhiddenlist-when-the-timer-job-was-not-able-to-update/

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Mittwoch, 18. Juli 2018 09:51
  • Hi Elmata,

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Freitag, 20. Juli 2018 00:53