VIRTUAL APPLICATIONS PRE-LOADED RRS feed

• Question

• Could I create one image with virtual applications installed and Its work fine with SCCM?

I want to preload applications to avoid having to distribute multiple times.

It would be possible by copying the file from the cache APPV to other pc??

Tips??

Thanks

MCITP
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:21 PM

Answers

• Give it a test and find out, based on what the white paper says - if the App-V packages are delivered by the SCCM agent, then they won't get wiped

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    • Marked as answer by Ralpph Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:58 PM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 10:04 AM

All replies

• As long as that cache is filled by the SCCM agent. As per the App-V/ConfigMgr whitepaper, page 31:

Note: This action causes Configuration Manager to take control of the App-V Client on the Configuration Manager Client PC.  This will cause the Configuration Manager Advanced clients to remove ALL previously deployed virtual application packages (published through an App-V Full Infrastructure or standalone MSI).  This is accomplished by purging the App-V Client cache and removing any existing App-V Client references to App-V Management Servers

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 6:22 AM
  • If I install the SCCM client, APPV client ...

...download to PC all applications

and after then.. clone ...

is possible?

MCITP
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:28 AM
  • Give it a test and find out, based on what the white paper says - if the App-V packages are delivered by the SCCM agent, then they won't get wiped

• Marked as answer by Ralpph Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:58 PM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 10:04 AM
  • Im testing

Thanks

MCITP
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:58 PM