none
Migration of 2007 PPS to 2010 - Missing Content DB RRS feed

  • Question

  • Greetings from the UK, can anyone give me a steer with an issue I have in trying to follow the MSDN blog 

    Upgrading PerformancePoint Server 2007 to PPS 2010

    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/performancepoint/archive/2010/02/25/upgrading-performancepoint-server-2007-to-pps-2010.aspx

    when I get to the "connect to performancepoint 2007 content database" my database is not in the dropdown list. The account I am using either through windows or SQL server authentification has permisions to view and edit the DB in SQL server but my DB (PPSMonitoring) is not in the list whilst lots of others are.

    Do I need to run a special script file or need any particular permisions to enable me to see my content DB?

    Running Sharepoint 2010 Enterprise on one box with SQL 2008 r2 on another.

    TIA

    Kevin



    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 3:30 PM

Answers

  • I have resolved the issue with assistance from rainerj over at  www.experts-exchange.com who suggested I use SQL profiler to find the query and user identity being used by the wizard and I confirmed the query being used as:

    "select select Name from sys.sysdatabases
    where sid != 0x01 Order By Name"

    On checking the sid of my PPSMonoitoring DB in master it was 0x01 so was not being picked up.

    I then ran sp_changedbowner to change the sid of PPSMonitoring away from 0x01, and the db is now in my list and I have imported the objects into a 2010 doc library.

    HTH

    Kevin




    • Marked as answer by Kevin Kerridge Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:04 PM
    • Edited by Kevin Kerridge Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:55 PM Spelling again - bad day
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:04 PM

All replies

  • That is rather odd, if you supplied the database server name and provided the credentials of an account with owner permission you should be fine.  I would make sure that the account had the proper permissions and you should be fine.  I have done this and it works fine.  One thing I did have to do after the import was open up and save each filter that gets created (seemed like they needed to be upgrade to get the proper connections going, at least for TI filters).

    Plan for importing PerformancePoint Server 2007 dashboard content to SharePoint Server 2010 - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee748616

    Import Wizard: PerformancePoint Server 2007 content to SharePoint Server 2010 - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee681485


    Dan English's BI Blog

    Monday, July 23, 2012 2:09 AM
  • Dan, thanks for the response, as I can log on to the SQL box as using the same credentials and see and amend any content in my PPSmonitoring DB I really cant see why some DBS are not in the list but others are.

    I did see the Josh Zimmermans Channel 9 video on migration that suggested that some script files were required for Sharepoint to see specific DBs but cannot find any further reference.

    Any help gratefully received as this is a bit of a dead end at the moment and I really dont want to have to redo all my 2007 object from scratch.

    TIA

    Kevin

    Monday, July 23, 2012 6:14 AM
  • I have resolved the issue with assistance from rainerj over at  www.experts-exchange.com who suggested I use SQL profiler to find the query and user identity being used by the wizard and I confirmed the query being used as:

    "select select Name from sys.sysdatabases
    where sid != 0x01 Order By Name"

    On checking the sid of my PPSMonoitoring DB in master it was 0x01 so was not being picked up.

    I then ran sp_changedbowner to change the sid of PPSMonitoring away from 0x01, and the db is now in my list and I have imported the objects into a 2010 doc library.

    HTH

    Kevin




    • Marked as answer by Kevin Kerridge Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:04 PM
    • Edited by Kevin Kerridge Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:55 PM Spelling again - bad day
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:04 PM