none
RDWeb cannot connect connect, remote desktop gatewayserver temporarily not available RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to connect to the RDweb for running applications outside the domain. If I try to run the application on the rds-server it works fine, but when i try to connect outside the domain i have a problem. I can connect to the rdweb, but when starting the application it gives the error: computer cannot connect to the external computer because the remote desktop external gatewayserver is temporarily not available. try to connect again later or ask your administrator for help. When checking the services, the gatewayserver is online. Locally when logged in to the rds-server it works fine.
    Monday, October 7, 2013 8:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you forward TCP port 443 to the internal IP address of your server?
    Did you purchase a certificate form trusted authority?
    For this, I recommend you purchase a SSL certificate for your FQDN from a trusted public authority

To use RD Web Access, client computers must be running at least Internet Explorer 6.0 and a version of Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) that supports at least Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) 6.1.

When you want your RDWeb outside the domain, you must configure RD CAP, RD RAP. After creating RD RAP, you can add the user group which is defined in RD CAP. Then you can create a RD Gateway-managed computer group which contain both NetBIOS and FQDN of RDSH Server that host RemoteApp Program. Refer “Checklist: Make RemoteApp Programs Available from the Internet” for more information.

For your error regarding Gateway server, you cannot use a .local FQDN outside your network because that is not resolvable outside of your LAN. Please make sure you use the external FQDN such as (rds.domain.org) for the RD Gateway in RemoteApp Manager and Default RD Gateway in IIS.

Try Best practice analyzer and also refer this thread.

Hope This Helps!
    Thanks.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 9:07 AM