Power Query and SQL Views RRS feed

• Question

• When I connect to my database with power query, the navigator shows tables and functions, but not views. How do I bring in and manipulate views?

Lee

Thursday, April 24, 2014 1:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Since Power Query is an Excel add-in and I think your issue is more related to using of this add-in, I'd like to move it to Excel IT pro forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thanks for your understanding.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, April 25, 2014 3:21 AM
  • Hi Taylor,

What is the version of Power Query you are using? You can get this information from  Control Panel ->Programs and Features .
    I tested it in my computer and I can get both SQL views and tables in Power query.

Wind Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, April 25, 2014 8:04 AM
  • Well, I just downloaded it, but Ill check.... 2.10.3598.81

Note I can see the views when I use SQL Server Enterprise manager and the same login.

Lee

Friday, April 25, 2014 1:08 PM
  • Um...The only thing I can think of that it should be a permission issue. But based on your description, you should have the proper permission.

Maybe try to reinstall the Power Query. Also you can submit a new question here:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=powerquery

Wind Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 28, 2014 2:14 AM