Version history not available on team site? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

(SharePoint online) Is it possible to add the version history of documents to the team site drop down menu like it is listed on the administration site? Or in general customize the menu on the team site. My options there are "Open", "Share", "Copy link", "Download", "Delete", "Rename", "Pin to top", and "More". So, to this list I would like to add "Version history".

• Edited by Iwon Monday, November 25, 2019 1:08 AM
    Monday, November 25, 2019 12:59 AM

All replies

• Hi

Did you try to select a file and check if the "Version history" option shows up? by default, this option is not showing up unless you select a file.

Monday, November 25, 2019 3:29 AM
  • Hi

There is no such functionality in Teams, Teams itself doesn’t provide tools for document management.
    So you can click files > Open in SharePoint, then select the file and look at details pane, or you can look at version history there as well.

Monday, November 25, 2019 3:49 AM
  • Hi
    Thank you for your reply.
    The same thing is with uploaded documents in team sites when “required info” appears. I cannot change it in team sites, but am able to do it in site contents. If I am right, there is no possibility to change it in a library in team sites?

Monday, November 25, 2019 11:49 AM
  • Hi

Would like to know if you mean you want to change the file properties? If yes, it only can be done via opening in SharePoint site.

1. Edit one file properties - select a file and view properties, then select "Edit All" to edit properties.

2. input multiple file "Required Info" column value - select all files, then input value and save.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 6:51 AM