Read receipt for one particular recipient not working as expected RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have set the rule for notifying read receipt for one particular recipient by following this thread: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/158370a3-3cfe-4d33-bdc2-2a0decd308dc/read-receipt-for-one-particular-recipient?forum=outlook

However, it turns out that it notified for every recipients who read the email.

I'm using Outlook 2013, and here is my rule configuration :

"Apply this rule after I send the message
    sent to [someone]
    notify me when it is read"

Is there any way to notify the read receipt ONLY from the contact that I specified?

Thank you.

Monday, November 6, 2017 6:36 AM

Answers

• First of all, thank you Raj017 and Steve Fan for your valuable answer

However, I figure it out that what I've done are not the way I set read receipt for particular recipient, but it will flag that email as read receipt from every recipient if one of the recipient match the rule.

What I've done so far right now is setting the rule for incoming message with specific recipient and subject contains "Read", but that email must be set as read receipt.

Regards,

MahaauD

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, November 22, 2017 9:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by MahaauD Friday, November 24, 2017 3:23 AM
    Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The rule looks OK. Have you checked whether you have set Outlook to send read recipient on each email message you sent? To verify this, go to File > Options > Mail, scroll to the Tracking section, make sure the "Read receipt confirming the recipient viewed the message" option is not enabled.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, November 13, 2017 10:30 AM
    Tuesday, November 7, 2017 6:49 AM
  • First of all, thank you Raj017 and Steve Fan for your valuable answer

However, I figure it out that what I've done are not the way I set read receipt for particular recipient, but it will flag that email as read receipt from every recipient if one of the recipient match the rule.

What I've done so far right now is setting the rule for incoming message with specific recipient and subject contains "Read", but that email must be set as read receipt.

Regards,

MahaauD

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, November 22, 2017 9:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by MahaauD Friday, November 24, 2017 3:23 AM
    Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:01 AM
  • Glad to hear that you have figured it out, MahaauD. Thank you for letting us know the info.

It's recommended to mark your reply as the answer to this question as it could help other community members who are encountering the same issue. Thank you for your understanding and corporation.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 9:55 AM