IIS Snap-in RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to install some software on Vista, and one of the pre-requisites is to have the IIS Snap-in installed.  I think I found the equivalent to Add/Remove Windows Components, but the features to check are very different.  What do I check under "Internet Information Services" in order to do the same thing as install the IIS Snap-in?  Thanks for any help. 

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 10:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You should install all the components, it doesn't occupy a lot of space. But it depends on the requirements of the application you are trying to run.
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 7:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You need to go into Control Panel > Programs and Features > "Turn Windows Features on or off" (on the left side) > then select from the list that opens the "Internet information services" check box (5th from the top)
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 10:51 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks.  I'm wondering if I select all the checkboxes under "IIS Services", or just some of them?  I just selected the IIS management console.  Is that equivalent to the IIS Snap-in?  There are other checkboxes I wasn't sure of.  Thanks.

Thursday, November 6, 2008 2:55 PM
  • Hi,

You should install all the components, it doesn't occupy a lot of space. But it depends on the requirements of the application you are trying to run.
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 7:27 PM