Issue with view of multiple calendars in Outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• User is experiencing a strange problem.

She has around 6 calendars open side by side in Outlook at all times. About once a day the alignment of the times between the calendars will be off for one of them. It's not specific to any one of the calendars.

When it happens the one calendar with scroll independently of the other calendars. Clicking anywhere in the calendar view will usually fix it and they align again.

I’ve tried:

• Upgrading Outlook
    • Changing shared folders from cached to not cached
    • Running outlook /resetviews
    • Removing/re-adding the calendars
    • Re-creating Outlook profile/OST

Still happening. Hate to have to open a case with Microsoft for this but I will if I have to. Hoping someone else has seen this and knows of a fix.

Thanks

Kenny

Thursday, July 11, 2019 3:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Kenny,

Based on your description, your calendar scrolling issue is related to Outlook client side. Since Exchange server forum mainly discusses and provide suggestions about Exchange server issues, we will help you move this case to Outlook forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, July 12, 2019 2:34 AM
  • Hi Kenny,

Do you mean when you scroll down, one of these calendars will keep still?

We can try opening Outlook in safe mode to see if the issue continues. Please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook.exe /safe and then press Enter. This helps eliminate whether the problem lies on any third party add-ins.

From the description, this issue doesn’t occur every time but randomly (once a day). Have you noticed anything in common when this issue occurs?

What’s the size of local data file? According to my experience, some performance issue could occur if the data file is too large. We may try archiving mailbox to see if it helps.

If I’ve misunderstood anything, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, July 12, 2019 8:06 AM
  • Thanks for the response. I don't have answers to all of your questions because it is a user at my company having the issue and by the time I get over there it's already fixed. 

What happens is one calendar will not be lined up, timewise, with the others. Not sure if it's because that one is scrolling and the others aren't, or vice versa. But as soon as you click on it it goes back in alignment.

For that reason I don't think safe mode would help since it would already be fixed. Also, I've rebuilt the OST and the profile and that did not fix it.

Yesterday morning in the calendar view I clicked on View > Reset View and she didn't have the issue the rest of the day but I suspect it will come back.

Kenny

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, July 15, 2019 5:41 AM
    Friday, July 12, 2019 11:46 AM
  • Yesterday morning in the calendar view I clicked on View > Reset View and she didn't have the issue the rest of the day but I suspect it will come back.

Kenny

Currently, we can monitor this issue. If issue comes back, you can feel free to post back. We can help do more research :)

Regards,

Perry

Friday, July 12, 2019 11:50 AM
  • Hi Kenny,

How is everything going on with this issue? Does it come back after resetting view?

If it works, it’s recommended to mark your reply as answer so this information will benefit other users a lot who may have same issue here.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, July 15, 2019 5:41 AM
    Monday, July 15, 2019 5:40 AM
  • Unfortunately the problem has returned today. I am adding a screenshot below. In it you can see a meeting called Daily Breaks Handoff. You can see that on the Brenda and Michelle calendars they are side by side but on the HFA Meetings calendar it is way below. At that point the HFA Meetings calendar would scroll independently of the others. As soon as you click on it it snaps back into place.

Kenny

Monday, July 15, 2019 5:05 PM
  • Hi Kenny,

If we click Reset View, issue will go away for a time. It seems that view settings keeps broken.

Does this issue happen to specific client?

We can try opening Outlook in safe mode to see if the issue continues. Please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /safe:3 and then press Enter. This helps eliminate whether the problem lies on any third party add-ins.

We can also switch to Schedule View to see if this issue can be reproduced.

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 6:30 AM
  • I think it's true that Reset View will resolve it for a while but not very long at all. I have been able to gather some more details as the issue is still not resolved.

The issue is specifically with the current time line that runs across Outlook calendars in 2016 that corresponds to the current time. It appears this line will not refresh correctly for any given calendar at random times. Just hovering over it with your mouse or clicking on it will immediately fix it.

You can see it in the screenshot below. Also, this particular user opens her calendars in a separate window and a Google search found that this may be a bug related to that.

Kenny

Thursday, July 25, 2019 8:47 PM
  • I haven’t reproduced this issue on Outlook 2016 version 1907 (Build 11901.20156).

From the screenshot, you are using Day View. By default, Outlook will switch to Schedule View if more than 5 calendars are opened. Schedule View is useful when you work closely with a team of co-workers who share their calendars.

Does this issue also occur under Schedule View? This could also be a workaround currently.

Besides, What’s the size of local data file?

Friday, July 26, 2019 8:45 AM