Switching from power query to power pivot without loss of pivot tables associated with model RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a build a report using power query in excel 2013. Due to the popups(Privacy levels, query run confirmation) which power query shows when user opens the report for the first time, we are planning to move the pivot table report from power query to power pivot.

Is there an easy way to migrate with out rebuilding the power pivot model ( tabs, relationships & calculations).

Thanks,

Dileep

Thanks Dileep

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 4:54 AM

Answers

• Have not tried that specifically but my experience with Power Pivot models is that they tend to not handle things like that very well and you end up rebuilding them.
    Tuesday, November 17, 2015 2:28 PM

All replies

• Have not tried that specifically but my experience with Power Pivot models is that they tend to not handle things like that very well and you end up rebuilding them.
    Tuesday, November 17, 2015 2:28 PM
  • It sounds like you have a current Power Pivot model that you have populated with tables fed by Power Query queries. You would like to change the data source for the tables in the Power Pivot model to use a source other than Power Query, but otherwise maintaining the current model structure.

To my knowledge there is no way to alter the table metadata in Power Pivot if the table has come from Power Query.

That being said, you can alter your Power Query queries to not use native database queries, which I expect is the source of your concerns (based on the description of the popups you'd like to avoid). A brief overview can be found here.

GNet Group BI Consultant

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 3:48 PM
  • thank you for your response!

we are using stored procedures to fetch data by Power Query into model. It is not possible to use views/tables from database. I think rebuilding the model is the only option left.

Thanks Dileep

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 4:13 AM