Need helping finding SPLA information. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to the windows server world and have been asked to check if any of them use SPLA. How would I do this?

I checked to see if any of them run RDS services and one of the servers does as well, how can I check CALs?

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 12:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Your question is not clear to me.  Based on what you have written, I'm guessing you are working at a company with some windows servers and you think some of them may be licensed under Service Provider License Agreement (SPLA)?  Is that correct?  If yes, what makes you think the servers may be covered under SPLA?

SPLA is generally for service providers, hosters, and other similar companies.  Does that describe your company or do you think you may be a customer of a company that is licensing Microsoft software to you under SPLA?

Finding out if your servers are covered under SPLA is something you need to investigate by talking to the owners/managers of your company.  For example, ask them did they sign SPLA agreement?  Do they report their SPLA usage each month and pay for it?

If you think you are paying a third-party company for usage covered under SPLA then you need to contact that company and ask them any questions you may have.

-TP

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 3:40 PM
  • Hi,

Please contact Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center, they may provide you more information:
    https://www.microsoft.com/licensing/servicecenter/Help/Contact.aspx

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 2:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Your question is not clear to me.  Based on what you have written, I'm guessing you are working at a company with some windows servers and you think some of them may be licensed under Service Provider License Agreement (SPLA)?  Is that correct?  If yes, what makes you think the servers may be covered under SPLA?

SPLA is generally for service providers, hosters, and other similar companies.  Does that describe your company or do you think you may be a customer of a company that is licensing Microsoft software to you under SPLA?

Finding out if your servers are covered under SPLA is something you need to investigate by talking to the owners/managers of your company.  For example, ask them did they sign SPLA agreement?  Do they report their SPLA usage each month and pay for it?

If you think you are paying a third-party company for usage covered under SPLA then you need to contact that company and ask them any questions you may have.

-TP

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 3:40 PM
  • Hi,

Please contact Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center, they may provide you more information:
    https://www.microsoft.com/licensing/servicecenter/Help/Contact.aspx

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 2:28 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Friday, March 1, 2019 2:02 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Monday, March 4, 2019 12:55 AM