Can FPSMC be used to download all signatures for FPE and FPSP to a central location, without having any downstream servers configured? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

We're redesigning our organisation's patch management, including FPE and FPSP patch management, to have all update sources for all environments (PROD, PRE-PROD, etc) located in the DMZ. A secondary FPSMC server will then be located in each environment - this server will have all the Exchange and Sharepoint servers listed in that environment.

My question is this: Can my FPSMC server in the DMZ act as purely a download-location, without having any downstream Exchange/Sharepoint servers configured?

Regards,

Chris

Sunday, March 15, 2015 9:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

>>Can my FPSMC server in the DMZ act as purely a download-location, without having any downstream Exchange/Sharepoint servers configured?

We need to assign the job to the servers and server groups when we create the signature redistribution jobs. So I think this cannot be achieved.

Best Regards,

Joyce

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Joyce L Wednesday, March 25, 2015 9:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Joyce L Friday, March 27, 2015 8:10 AM
    Tuesday, March 17, 2015 8:14 AM