none
MDT Offline media asks for credentials when installing applications RRS feed

• Question

• MDT Offline media asks for credentials when its time to install applications after OS installation. It keeps looking at the deployment share on the network for the applications. It doesn't look at the applications folder on ISO to install applications. Anyone know why? My Customize.ini is below and my bootstrap is empty. I have uploaded the logs here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19VL3xE7LuQfKjPzPUNa7FdxU_tiyI-Mg?usp=sharing

[Settings]
    Priority=Default
    Properties=MyCustomProperty

[Default]
    OSInstall=YES
    SkipCapture=NO
    DoCapture=YES

DomainMembership=YES
    SkipAdminPassword=YES
    AdminPassword=Test1
    SkipProductKey=YES
    SkipComputerBackup=YES
    SkipBitlocker=YES

JoinDomain=mycompany.local
    DomainAdmin=joindomain
    DomainAdminDomain=MyCompany.local
    DomainAdminPassword=MyCompany
    MachineObjectOU=OU=mycompany Computers,DC=mycompany,DC=local

SkipTimeZone=YES
    TimeZoneName=Eastern Standard Time
    SkipLocaleSelection=YES
    KeyboardLocale=en-US
    UserLocale=en-US
    UILanguage=en-US

SkipUserData=YES

UPDATE: I figured it out. The working directory for google chrome was set to the usc path of the application. I changed that to .\Applications\Chrome and its working fine now.

Thursday, June 13, 2019 5:54 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Please Share the BDD.log, Smsts by uploading in Public Drive.

Friday, June 14, 2019 5:59 AM
  • https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19VL3xE7LuQfKjPzPUNa7FdxU_tiyI-Mg?usp=sharing

It keeps looking at my deployment share for Applications but i dont know how to point it to the ISO/USB. Currently i am testing it on a VM with litetouch iso. but booting from a usb has the same issue. Bootstrap.ini is empty for Offline media.

Using latest ADK and deploying 1903. You can search BDD log for Chrome and see that its trying to connect to my MDT unc path instead of the local media. 

• Edited by Noblesengar Saturday, June 15, 2019 11:49 PM
    Saturday, June 15, 2019 10:39 PM
  • Please post your bootstrap.ini info. That is where you will run into trouble with offline imaging, if the path is stated incorrectly.
    Monday, June 17, 2019 12:11 PM
  • Here is my customsettings ini file for my offline boot. The bootstrap ini file is left as is (settings, priority default, etc).

[Settings]
    Priority=ByLaptop, ByDesktop, Default
    Properties=MyCustomProperty

[ByLaptop]
    subsection=Laptop-%IsLaptop%

[ByDesktop]
    subsection=Desktop-%IsDesktop%

[Laptop-True]
    OSDComputerName= (enter yours)

[Desktop-True]
    OSDComputerName=(enter yours)

[Default]
    OSInstall=Y
    Skipadminpassword=YES
    adminpassword=
    skipproductkey=YES

SkipBitlocker=NO

SkipApplications=YES

skipdomainmembership=NO
    joindomain= (enter domain)
    domainadmin= (enter domain admin account)
    domainadmindomain=(enter yours)
    domainadminpassword=(enter yours)

SkipUserData=YES

skiplocaleselection=YES
    keyboardlocale=en-us
    userlocale=en-us
    uilanguage=en-us

ApplyGPOPack=NO

SkipTimeZone=YES
    TimeZone=035
    TimeZoneName=Eastern Standard Time

BitsPerPel=32
    VRefresh=60
    XResolution=1
    YResolution=1

_SMSTSOrgName=(Your company)

HIDESHELL=YES

DoNotCreateExtraPartition=YES

Monday, June 17, 2019 1:02 PM
  • Well, the reason I suggested posting the bootstrap is to verify that you are not referencing your server, by name or IP. If it's set by default to look at the server, it will not succeed.
    Monday, June 17, 2019 1:10 PM
  • Hello,

While Creating offline Media make sure you have selected the dependent applications and added inside your Task Sequence.

Thanks!!

Monday, June 17, 2019 2:52 PM
  • That was my next step. Before creating the media, the applications need to be added to the TS so they get incorporated into the offline process and MDT won't be trying to get them elsewhere.
    Monday, June 17, 2019 3:43 PM
  • Hi! my bootstrap is empty. Please look at the screenshot uploaded on Google drive here

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19VL3xE7LuQfKjPzPUNa7FdxU_tiyI-Mg?usp=sharing

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 3:17 PM
  • Hi!

The size of the iso is over 5 GB and the deploy folder contains all the applications but while deploying applications, it keeps looking at UNC path of my deployment share

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 3:18 PM
  • HI Jitesh bhai,

I have selected the applications and created a separated selection profile. please see the screenshot uploaded

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19VL3xE7LuQfKjPzPUNa7FdxU_tiyI-Mg?usp=sharing

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 3:25 PM
  • When you added the applications into the TS, did you say that they resided locally or on a server?

In other words, 'Application with source files', or 'elsewhere on the network'? If you said 'with source files' and added them to your TS, with no reference to your MDT server in your bootstrap, then I'm not sure why it's asking for credentials to install the apps. All I have in my offline bootstrap is

[Settings]
    Priority=Default

[Default]
    _SMSTSORGNAME=org name

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 3:29 PM
  • Yes! I copied application with source files and they reside locally under deployment share. During PXE boot installation it works fine by getting the files from the deployment share. However, it still keeps looking at the deploymentshare UNC path for application installations when it should be looking at the iso/offline media :(
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 4:07 PM
  • Then the only reason for that would be the bootstrap. I'm not sure of anything else that would make the process look at the server vs the USB, but I'm sure it's something I'm completely not aware of.

Which bootstrap file are you checking? The Task Sequence bootstrap itself isn't as vital as right-clicking on the MEDIA file created under Advanced Configuration. Right-click MEDIA001 and check the Properties, Rules, bootstrap and see if THAT has a server reference in it. I believe that gets skipped over when building an offline deploy.

Then, Update media content to apply the changes. Then copy the contents of the Content folder to the USB.
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 7:50 PM
  • Then the only reason for that would be the bootstrap. I'm not sure of anything else that would make the process look at the server vs the USB, but I'm sure it's something I'm completely not aware of.

Which bootstrap file are you checking? The Task Sequence bootstrap itself isn't as vital as right-clicking on the MEDIA file created under Advanced Configuration. Right-click MEDIA001 and check the Properties, Rules, bootstrap and see if THAT has a server reference in it. I believe that gets skipped over when building an offline deploy.

Then, Update media content to apply the changes. Then copy the contents of the Content folder to the USB.
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 7:59 PM
  • yes. Thats the bootstrap and its empty
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 8:29 PM
  • Check the update. Issue resolved.
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 9:09 PM
  • Which update? What was your fix?
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 10:30 PM
  • The working directory for google chrome was set to the UNC path of the application. I changed that to .\Applications\Chrome and its working fine now.
    Wednesday, June 19, 2019 2:41 PM