Office365 Inbox only has Compact View Available RRS feed

• Question

• When a user tries to change the View of an inbox (not theirs but they have Full Access), the only option available is Compact:

<image will go here once my account is verified>

They have the same level of access to another mailbox (also not theirs) and can choose from Compact, Single, or Preview views for that one.

Both of the "other" mailboxes are Users, not Shared.

What can cause this issue?

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 10:58 PM

Answers

• Hi CCJuice,

>> I logged in as the owner and saw the same restricted options in Outlook.
    It seems that it should be the problem of this mailbox itself.

Given this situation, it is suggested to log in as the owner then click "Reset View" and see if there is any difference.

Besides, does this problem only happen in the inbox? If so, please try applying the view of other folder to the inbox folder and see the result.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, April 19, 2019 8:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do they have this problem with their own mailbox? Or this issue only occurs to this specific shared mailbox (folder)?
    Is this a shared folder or a shared mailbox?
    How about re-adding the shared mailbox to their Outlook?

Besides, it is suggested to check whether this issue also occurs to the owner of the shared mailbox.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 6:46 AM
  • Hello,

No, their own mailbox has all View options available.

This is a User account that has been delegated to them (Full Access and Send on Behalf).

I added the mailbox to my Outlook and got the same restricted View options (whereas my inbox and two others that I can access have full View options), but I can try adding them again if you think that will help.

I logged in as the owner and saw the same restricted options in Outlook. This is a User account that we use like a Shared mailbox (not sure why, could be a legacy thing) so all people who use it have it as an added mailbox in Outlook rather than logging into it directly.

Thank you,

CCJuice

Thursday, April 18, 2019 5:23 PM
  • Hi CCJuice,

>> I logged in as the owner and saw the same restricted options in Outlook.
    It seems that it should be the problem of this mailbox itself.

Given this situation, it is suggested to log in as the owner then click "Reset View" and see if there is any difference.

Besides, does this problem only happen in the inbox? If so, please try applying the view of other folder to the inbox folder and see the result.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Friday, April 19, 2019 8:33 AM
  • Hi Aidan,

>>Given this situation, it is suggested to log in as the owner then click "Reset View" and see if there is any difference.
    I logged in as the owner again and clicked Reset View, but that did not change the available options.

>>Besides, does this problem only happen in the inbox?
    It does only happen in the Inbox; the folders inside of the Inbox have all three typical options available (Compact, Single, and Preview).

>>If so, please try applying the view of other folder to the inbox folder and see the result.
    I applied the View (Single) of a sub-folder to the Inbox and the View of the Inbox changed to Single. However, now Single is the only view available for the Inbox, having replaced Compact.

<Picture will go here once I figure out how to verify my account>

Changing the View is what I was trying to accomplish, so thank you for your help! I would like to find the cause of/solution to the restricted View options if you have more time to assist.

Best,
    CCJuice

Friday, April 19, 2019 6:57 PM
  • Hi,

You're welcome.

I am still researching this issue. Once I find a good method or a related update, I will tell you the first time. And if you have further information, please post to let me know.

By the way, do you mind helping mark the post above as answer so that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 7:41 AM