Where are workflow templates stored? RRS feed

Answers

• Which template? the workflow project templates in Visual studio? or you mean the workflow (such as Approval)?

If the latter one, the workflows are deployed as features, they store in the 12Hive\Features folder.

-lambert
    Sincerely,
    Lambert Qin
    Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, December 25, 2009 2:37 AM
  • If it is a custom workflow, the workflow is typically deployed as a site collection feature and can be accessed on whatever site collections it was deployed to.  The feature would be a .wsp file which would be uploaded through central admin or stsadm
    Kevin
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 8:49 PM

All replies

• Which template? the workflow project templates in Visual studio? or you mean the workflow (such as Approval)?

If the latter one, the workflows are deployed as features, they store in the 12Hive\Features folder.

-lambert
    Sincerely,
    Lambert Qin
    Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, December 25, 2009 2:37 AM
  • If it is a custom workflow, the workflow is typically deployed as a site collection feature and can be accessed on whatever site collections it was deployed to.  The feature would be a .wsp file which would be uploaded through central admin or stsadm
    Kevin
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 8:49 PM
  • I'm trying to use SharePoint Designer to open an instance of the 'Approval' and 'Request Feedback' workflows so I can customize/create new ones based on them to suit my needs. I'm able to publish/edit worflows I created from scratch to the site. My problem is: When I try to 'Open Workflow' only those workflows which I created though SPD are available for me to edit. 

Should I be using Visual Studio or something else?  Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Thursday, December 31, 2009 1:33 AM
  • Hi Collin,

You can not edit Out-Of -Box workflow through sharepoint desginer because all out of box workflows based onInfopath form not any sharepoint designer page(like Initiation, Assosiation.etc) thats why these are not visible in SPD.

Hope you get my point.

-hardesh

Thursday, December 31, 2009 12:00 PM
  • Thanks for your reply. I read you loud and clear. Is it possible for me to use them as secondary workflows?
    Thursday, December 31, 2009 7:44 PM
  • Hi Collin,

Happy New Year!!!

"A secondary workflow that is designed in Office SharePoint Designer 2007 can only be triggered by the actions of another workflow that was also designed in Office SharePoint Designer 2007 — and not by one of the predefined workflows included with Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, or by a custom workflow created in Visual Studio. Also note that even if a workflow was designed in Office SharePoint Designer 2007, its actions will still not trigger a secondary workflow if the user who started the workflow has signed in by using the system account. A workflow running under the system account cannot trigger a secondary workflow"

-Hardesh
    Monday, January 4, 2010 6:30 AM