none
File History RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Please anybody can advise me how to  only include my documents, pictures in   file history  backup. I want to exclude all other folders from file history back up. I wan to take the back up of  just my documents and pictures.

I am using windows 8.1 pro

Regards

Pol

polachan

Monday, March 7, 2016 9:05 AM

Answers

• Hi Pol,

From our experience, file history can’t assign specific content, so we couldn’t only backup Document and Picture folder. Meanwhile, if we select System Image Backup, it also back up entire drive.

Therefore, if it’s convenient to you, I suggest to upgrade to Windows 10, we can choose what we want to back up in this system, like this picture below. Then, create a Schedule to achieve it automatically.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Best regards,

Teemo Tang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 8:00 AM

All replies

• File history is at best a poor substitute for an actual backup.  I suggest you do a real backup.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Monday, March 7, 2016 9:15 PM
  • Hi Pol,

From our experience, file history can’t assign specific content, so we couldn’t only backup Document and Picture folder. Meanwhile, if we select System Image Backup, it also back up entire drive.

Therefore, if it’s convenient to you, I suggest to upgrade to Windows 10, we can choose what we want to back up in this system, like this picture below. Then, create a Schedule to achieve it automatically.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Best regards,

Teemo Tang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 8:00 AM