When to deploy windows 10 product key? RRS feed

• Question

• My question is very simple. Is it best to include a Windows 10 Pro product key during a capture of your image? Or is it better to specify your product key when deploying the image instead?

Or does it even matter?

I am using MAK keys, I do not have KMS.

Thanks in advance.

Saturday, May 14, 2016 10:36 PM

Answers

• When you sysprep the key gets removed.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it.

• Marked as answer by MikeyB202 Sunday, May 15, 2016 6:08 AM
    Sunday, May 15, 2016 5:35 AM
  • Hi

As Ty is saying the product key is stripped from the image when running sysprep. 

You can add the Windows 10 Pro MAK key in the Wizard when creating a Task Sequence in MDT - the is automatic put in the unattend.xml file.

At the end of your Task Sequence you can run a action with this command to activate your Windows 10:

cscript slmgr.vbs /ato

Kind regards

Per Larsen

Twitter: @PerLarsen1975 | Blog: osddeployment.wordpress.com
    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

• Marked as answer by MikeyB202 Sunday, May 15, 2016 7:47 AM
    Sunday, May 15, 2016 7:25 AM

All replies

• When you sysprep the key gets removed.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it.

• Marked as answer by MikeyB202 Sunday, May 15, 2016 6:08 AM
    Sunday, May 15, 2016 5:35 AM
  • Hi

As Ty is saying the product key is stripped from the image when running sysprep. 

You can add the Windows 10 Pro MAK key in the Wizard when creating a Task Sequence in MDT - the is automatic put in the unattend.xml file.

At the end of your Task Sequence you can run a action with this command to activate your Windows 10:

cscript slmgr.vbs /ato

Kind regards

Per Larsen

Twitter: @PerLarsen1975 | Blog: osddeployment.wordpress.com
    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

• Marked as answer by MikeyB202 Sunday, May 15, 2016 7:47 AM
    Sunday, May 15, 2016 7:25 AM