Can't access network shares from one machine on a network. RRS feed

• Question

• I am setting up a computer for a user in an office. The user can access all her required network share folders from her existing computer and from any other computer in the office. The computer we are setting up for her is denied access to the two network shares that she needs to be able to access. We are able to map the drives but get "You do not have permission to access \\computer\folder. Contact your network administrator" We are able to access shared folders on the same machine that contains the folders for which access is denied.

There are two shared folders with this problem. One is on a domain server, the other is shared on a workstation. There is acess to other shared folders on either of these machines. Access is only denied to the folders that we need to map.

I have also tried logging on to the problem machine as another user with administrative privileges and get the same permission denied error message.

So it appears that the problem is on the Windows 7 machine not on the server since the problem is not experienced from any other computer on the network.

I have tried turning off the firewall, renaming the computer and logging on as a different user. We have also looked in Group Policy for any policy settings but didn't see anything obvious. I am not fully knowledgeable about Group Policy editing so I could be overlooking something in Group Policy.

Would appreciate any help or suggestions for fixing this.

Sam

• Edited by srodar Monday, September 28, 2015 7:22 PM
    Monday, September 28, 2015 7:13 PM

Answers