Migrating UM from Ex2010 to Ex2013. Following "Upgrade Exchange 2010 UM to Exchange 2013 UM". Can't get ExportUMPrompt to work. RRS feed

• Question

• I've tried the sample in the Upgrade Document and the sample in the technet for Export-UMPrompt.

Export-UMPrompt -PromptFileName "welcomegreeting.wav" -UMAutoAttendant MyUMAutoAttendant
    set-content -Path "e:\UMPromptsBackup\welcomegreeting.wav" -Value $prompt.AudioData -Encoding Byte

and

$prompt = Export-UMPrompt -BusinessHoursWelcomeGreeting -UMAutoAttendant MyUMAutoAttendant
    set-content -Path "d:\UMPrompts\BusinessHoursWelcomeGreeting.wav" -Value $prompt.AudioData -Encoding Byte

Niether of these work and I am at a loss.

I am in the UM Management Group. I run the PS as administrator.

I also noticed that typing: Export-UMPrompt -Busin (then hitting tab will not complete the parameter).

Any assitance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark
    Wednesday, September 14, 2016 8:43 PM

Answers

• SOLUTION:

I worked with support yesterday. The error I get when testing the AA with a test pilot number routed through the EX2016 UM is:

Could not find a local copy of the following custom prompt files for auto attendant 'Voice Submenu':

VoiceSub.wav

This is deceiving. All the AA greetings are stored in the Aribitration mailbox {e0dc1c29-89c3-4034-b678-e6c29d823ed9}. There is no local copy. The reason the files will not export is that the files are missing or corrupted. They may be missing if the client had deleted the arbitration mailbox and recreated it. We were able to export a greeting file for an AA that does work.

So the greetings need to be re-recorded or replaced if there is a copy of the greeting file somewhere the client has kept it.

Hope this helps someone else who runs into the issue so they don't waste as much time as I did.  :-)

Mark

• Marked as answer by mlevendo Saturday, September 17, 2016 12:27 PM
    Friday, September 16, 2016 1:20 PM

All replies

• Please refer to below links might helps you to get this job done:

http://www.ehloworld.com/1843

http://www.expta.com/2011/11/migrate-our-exchange-2007-custom.html

Use this checklist to help you upgrade Exchange 2010 Unified Messaging (UM) to Exchange 2013 UM:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn169228(v=exchg.150).aspx

Hope this helps!

Cloud migration can be a tedious task without the right solution. Lepide Meteor suite has all you need to analyze/upgrade/migrate your current Exchange environment to Office 365 and also helps you to easily Import/Export & convert EDB, PST and OST into new or existing PST files.

Thursday, September 15, 2016 5:52 AM
  • I am still not able to Export after checking the above links.

I have Existing Ex2010 UM. When I test the AAs on the new Ex2016 I get this error in the event log.

Could not find a local copy of the following custom prompt files for auto attendant 'Voice Submenu':

VoiceSub.wav
    VoiceSub.wav

==============

Get-UMAutoAttendant "Voice Submenu"

Shows the info below on the file that is missing in Ex2016.

BusinessHoursWelcomeGreetingFilename      : VoiceSub.wav
    BusinessHoursWelcomeGreetingEnabled       : True

====================================

The below creates a file that has 0k and will not open in an audio editor. It states the file is corrupt.

$prompt = Export-UMPrompt -PromptFileName "VoiceSub.wav" -UMAutoAttendant "Voice Submenu"
    set-content -Path "C:\AA greetings\Voice Submenu\VoiceSub.wav" -Value $prompt.AudioData -Encoding Byte

=======================================

The Below command is what I would expect to export the file but it does not. It generates and error.

$prompt = Export-UMPrompt -BusinessHoursWelcomeGreeting -UMAutoAttendant "Voice Submenu"
    set-content -Path "C:\AA greetings\Voice Submenu\VoiceSub.wav" -Value $prompt.AudioData -Encoding Byte

The error:

A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument '-BusinessHoursWelcomeGreeting'.
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [Export-UMPrompt], ParameterBindingException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PositionalParameterNotFound,Export-UMPrompt

=============================================

Both the above command lines are taken from the either the Upgrade UM from Ex2010 to Ex2013 or the Export-UMPrompt samples.

Can anyone please provide any insight or suggestions. Thanks!

Thursday, September 15, 2016 2:30 PM
  • SOLUTION:

I worked with support yesterday. The error I get when testing the AA with a test pilot number routed through the EX2016 UM is:

VoiceSub.wav

This is deceiving. All the AA greetings are stored in the Aribitration mailbox {e0dc1c29-89c3-4034-b678-e6c29d823ed9}. There is no local copy. The reason the files will not export is that the files are missing or corrupted. They may be missing if the client had deleted the arbitration mailbox and recreated it. We were able to export a greeting file for an AA that does work.

So the greetings need to be re-recorded or replaced if there is a copy of the greeting file somewhere the client has kept it.

Hope this helps someone else who runs into the issue so they don't waste as much time as I did.  :-)

Mark

• Marked as answer by mlevendo Saturday, September 17, 2016 12:27 PM
    Friday, September 16, 2016 1:20 PM