none
Can't create a Project Web App Instance in Project Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, I really need some help with this issue.

I am getting "Sorry, this site hasn't been shared with you" when trying to create a new Project Web App Instance.

I am logged on a System Admin account  and I was able to setup different Share Point pages without any issues. I am pretty sure I have full control rights.

The page can't be created so how can be shared???

I am running Share Point Enterprise 2012 and Project Server 2013

Thanks a lot

Stefan

Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Stefan,

Assuming this is Project Online we are talking about, then:

When you go to the SharePoint Admin (Admin > SharePoint) I'm assuming you can see the PWA instance provisioned?

If so check to see if you are a Site Administrator: Select the PWA instance, then on the Menu select Owners > Manage Administrators.

If this is OK then you should be able to get to the Site Settings for the PWA Instance. Go to the PWA site, select the Setting Cog (top left) and Select Site Settings. From here check Site Permissions and see if you are in the Administrators for Project Web Access group.

Regards,

David

Thursday, December 6, 2012 10:50 PM
  • Can't tell if you're on-prem or on-line, but just to confirm:

1) On-Prem: you're navigating to the Service Application in Central Admin
    and creatng the PWA site from there?
    2) On-Line: you're navigating to the main control panel and creating a PWA
    site collection from there?

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky
    Friday, December 7, 2012 3:37 AM
  • Hi Stefan, is this still an issue.  Andrew and David's questions are like mine - did the site create OK and is this just a permissions issue or did it fail to create?

Best regards,

Brian

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Sunday, January 20, 2013 3:26 PM
    Owner