MDT 2013 update 1 - Issues connecting to Deployroot RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've been having an issue with my new boot image connecting to the deployroot since i upgraded to Update 1 and Windows 10 ADK. When trying to pxe boot this image or when using the litetouch script i get the following error:

Cannot reach deployroot. Possible cause: Network routing error or Network configuration error.

When I've seen this in the past it's been down to a driver issue. If i go back to using my old boot image (via Pxe boot) it works fine and i can connect to the deployment share. Can't seem to create one that works using Windows 10 ADK. I've been through and updated the drivers where needed for the new boot image.

Another thing i've noticed, any changes i make to the out-of-box drivers does not update in the drivers and patches tab for the windows PE settings.

Any help or a point in the right direction would be a great help :).

Many thanks,

Michael.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 8:11 AM

Answers

• Some more debugging/analysis on your may be required.

Start off with: How to Debug missing Drivers in MDT Litetouch

While in WinPE, Press F8, and try to get to your MDT server (should be listed in x:\deploy\scripts\bootstrap.ini )

Try the usual: ipconfig /all, ping <Server>, net use * <a href="file://\\\DeploymentShare$">\\<Server>\DeploymentShare$, etc...

Not sure what you mean by: "i make to the out-of-box drivers does not update in the drivers and patches tab for the windows PE settings" My first reaction is that you may be modifying two separate deployment shares.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 7:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Sorry for asking what is probably a basic question, but we may as well start with the obvious things. Is your Windows PE selection profile correctly populated and is selected in the Driver Injection area of Drivers and Patches under the Windows PE settings?

Andrew

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 9:20 AM
  • Some more debugging/analysis on your may be required.

Start off with: How to Debug missing Drivers in MDT Litetouch

While in WinPE, Press F8, and try to get to your MDT server (should be listed in x:\deploy\scripts\bootstrap.ini )

Try the usual: ipconfig /all, ping <Server>, net use * <a href="file://\\\DeploymentShare$">\\<Server>\DeploymentShare$, etc...

Not sure what you mean by: "i make to the out-of-box drivers does not update in the drivers and patches tab for the windows PE settings" My first reaction is that you may be modifying two separate deployment shares.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 7:20 PM
  • Hi Michael ,

Having the same problem myself in my case its a clean build with fresh install of MDT 2013 Update 1  (Version:

6.3.8298 ) and ADK for Windows 10 . I've modified the share and security permissions in order for the MDT user account to have permissions on the Deployment Share. I can also access the share itself when I jump to the command prompt but despite this I'm still presented with the same message 'Cannot reach deployroot. Possible cause: Network routing...etc'  

While there was a number of suggestions being made by Keith I was curious as to what you determined the final solution was assuming that is that you managed to resolve the issue  ? 

James  

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 4:23 PM