none
moving a project to the archive schema in Project Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone explain to me how archiving works in Project server 2013? I've tried following this article, but it's written for project server 2010 so i'm not clear on whats changed:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project-server-help/archive-a-completed-project-HA102420489.aspx#_Toc280164812

here's what we've done so far,

1. marked all tasks 100%

2. set all tasks from published to unpublished

3. locked all tasks in the project (since close to update is no longer in 2013)

what i'm not clear on is what the next steps are or if what I've done is even relevant. this document talks about creating a archive security category, but we're in sharepoint security mode so I don't know how that translates.

What does it take to move a project from the published schema to the archive schema?

Thursday, July 17, 2014 6:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Derek, 

Indeed this procedure works with the PS2013 Project Server permission mode.

As a comment, the "close to update" 2010 feature is now in 2013 the "lock" feature which is a column (yes/no) to add to a PWA project details view.

Finally if you schedule the daily administrative back up, the projects will be stored in the archive table depending on the number of versions of retention you configured.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Thursday, July 17, 2014 9:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Derek, 

Indeed this procedure works with the PS2013 Project Server permission mode.

As a comment, the "close to update" 2010 feature is now in 2013 the "lock" feature which is a column (yes/no) to add to a PWA project details view.

Finally if you schedule the daily administrative back up, the projects will be stored in the archive table depending on the number of versions of retention you configured.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Thursday, July 17, 2014 9:06 PM
  • Hi Guillaume ,

Can you please tell me project server default retention value, when we are not providing any value.

• Edited by Harshal7689 Wednesday, September 2, 2015 12:19 PM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2015 12:09 PM