i need a vista rc2 key RRS feed

• Question

• hi, i just finished downloading windows vista rc2 from the website, and i need an activation key so i can contribute to the testing of the program. thank you.
    Monday, September 11, 2006 4:11 AM

All replies

• where did you download rc2? could you give me the URL I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!
    Thursday, October 5, 2006 8:38 AM
  • Download has been removed for some reason
    Thursday, October 5, 2006 4:42 PM
  • I don't think anyone has seen any official release of RC2 other than posted above..   The link does not work.. just suprised that there are not more ppl saying that they got an email from MS.... Does anyone out there have any solid info?

Chris

Thursday, October 5, 2006 4:46 PM
  • R9G3J-32JXT-R3FD4-X6JDX-WPYPX
    Saturday, October 7, 2006 6:03 AM
  • add to your download manager..
    http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/rc2/en/x86/iso/vista_5744.16384.061003-1945_x86fre_client-lrmcfre_en_dvd.iso
    Saturday, October 7, 2006 8:54 AM
  • yes the link still not working any updates ... why? Then link for RC1 also won't work
    Saturday, October 7, 2006 9:52 AM
  • I was just able to download it just fine.  The link is still up and working....currently dnldg 64-bit version.
    Saturday, October 7, 2006 12:20 PM
  • Can you use a key for RC1 when you install RC2 ?

I have not been able to find any way to obtain a key for RC2.

Saturday, October 7, 2006 1:55 PM
  • I have the same question because I'm downloading RC2 now and I have also obtained a key for the RC1 release from Microsoft before.
    I can't find any information about it.

Help will be appreciated.

p.s. Yes , I saw the serial key in this thread but I don't think we can all use the same key (or maybe it is not allowed) but I've written it down to make sure.

EDIT: I've readen on many sites that the rc1 key also works on rc2 and the keys will not change untill the RTM.

Saturday, October 7, 2006 2:52 PM
  • yes that is correct, your key with RC1 will also work with RC2 just fine.. providing of course you have 1 in the first place.  If not, register with the CPP immediately b4 it closes and get one there..   cheers
    Saturday, October 7, 2006 7:58 PM
  • just comfirming for everyone

for the 32 bit add the link below yo your download manager.:
    URL: http://download.windowsvista.com/dl/preview/rc2/en/x86/iso/vista_5744.16384.061003-1945_x86fre_client-lrmcfre_en_dvd.iso

I havent tried it but for the 64 bit version point your D/M to:

http://download.windowsvista.com/dl/preview/rc2/en/x64/iso/vista_5744.16384.061003-1945_x64fre_client-lrmcxfre_en_dvd.iso

Saturday, October 7, 2006 8:21 PM
  •  evilsmeagol wrote:
    yes that is correct, your key with RC1 will also work with RC2 just fine.. providing of course you have 1 in the first place.  If not, register with the CPP immediately b4 it closes and get one there..   cheers

Ok thanks.. it worked.

I had a key for RC1 (customer Preview program) but didn't complete the download , now I downloaded RC2 so it's my first experience... wow :)

Saturday, October 7, 2006 10:05 PM
  • The link is working... I am downloading it now.  Use the same key as previous versions .  I hope
    Sunday, October 8, 2006 12:39 AM
  • If you have a key from earlier versions beta, beta2, and rc2 build 56oo.  Use that key.  Or got tomicrocost and register for a rci download and use the key from there.   The way is is running on my machine now.  I am ready to pay for it.
    Sunday, October 8, 2006 12:52 AM
  • I installed RC2 over my RC1 which was activated. Now that I try to activate RC2 using my RC1 key, I get a message sayung that they key is already in use (I know that - by me!).  How do I get RC2 to accept my RC1 Key?
    Sunday, October 8, 2006 12:58 AM
  • use the key they sent youback in june
    Sunday, October 8, 2006 1:12 AM
  • if it is like Rc1 then 10 of us can use it
    Sunday, October 8, 2006 3:14 PM
  • Is this download still valid? I am using Getright as my d/m and i cant get it to pickup the file... also, the link doesnt work, just returns to Vista Homepage

Monday, October 9, 2006 8:22 PM
  • I also am getting redirected back to the Vista RC1 page.  How do we get RC2?

Monday, October 9, 2006 8:59 PM
  • Same here.  Using a download manager downloads index.html which is a Vista page asking if you want to d/l RC1.

Bummer; I already have RC1!!!

Gerry
    Monday, October 9, 2006 9:08 PM
  • anyone have a updated link?
    Monday, October 9, 2006 10:10 PM
  • did anyone get an email?? and if not are you part of msdn?

i heard they were only making it available to msdn subscribers.

im not a subscriber, and i didnt get an email...
    Monday, October 9, 2006 10:13 PM
  • I am a subscriber and didnt get a email ...... sheez
    Tuesday, October 10, 2006 2:55 PM
  • Hello People

for anybody looking for a KEY:  look on the DVD in the Directory "sources\inf".... there is a file called "SETUP.CFG" with a valid KEY...    simple ??

Feedbacks are welcome...

Add: in the meantime i observed that the key works for installation only, not for activation... but i installed "ULTIMATE" and the activation resonse was "not valid for vista ultimate"...  maybe thats the reason it doesn't work for activation   : - {

Greets

AMICOL

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 4:06 PM
  • I've installed it without the key you have that option. It took 20 minutes to install works fine but cannot activate without key it gives 30 days to activate so I hope they give use a key before then. PS had to format hard drive that I installed it on before hand because the format option was grayed out. 

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 4:59 PM
  • This link sends you to the Vista RC1 page, there are no RC2 yet, as far as i can see.

If you click on this link http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/rc2/en/download.htm

You'll end up on the RC1 page. If anyone got a RC2 link, I'll like to see it. And if it exist, why didn't MS send out a newsletter about it ?
    Wednesday, October 11, 2006 12:13 PM
  • can anyone that downloaded teh 32bit rc2 post it on a server?? it shouldnt be illegal, we have ot have a key to install it. Please!
    Thursday, October 12, 2006 6:04 AM
  • You need to copy the same product key as in RC1.
    Wednesday, October 18, 2006 8:36 AM
  • I have 10 official unused microsoft windows vista RC2 (32 bit edition) product keys , each key will run 10 different machines , so its possible to run 100 different machines with these , if your interested in having one then please email me , wrefmail@gmail.com  
    Tuesday, November 21, 2006 5:24 AM
  •  wref wrote:
    I have 10 official unused microsoft windows vista RC2 (32 bit edition) product keys , each key will run 10 different machines , so its possible to run 100 different machines with these , if your interested in having one then please email me , wrefmail@gmail.com

I have send an email to u for the key already. If you did not recieve my email please kindly send the key to my email, kaixiang_35@hotmail.com

Regards,

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 8:04 AM
  • All 10 vista RC2 product keys are now gone , they were snapped up quick , my email inbox overflowed with requests , sorry to those guys that requested a key but didn't receive one , please DO NOT send me any more email requests for vista RC2 product keys , lmao.  
    Thursday, November 23, 2006 5:36 AM
  • I did get an RC1 key when I registered on the Microsoft website, but it doesn't work with RC2. Is there another link to get the RC2 key?
    Monday, November 27, 2006 12:09 PM
  •  WindowsVistaRC2tester wrote:
    hi, i just finished downloading windows vista rc2 from the website, and i need an activation key so i can contribute to the testing of the program. thank you.
    Friday, March 30, 2007 7:29 AM
  • thbirdsofprey1@msn.com

Please!

Thank you!

Sunday, December 7, 2008 6:55 PM
  • @ John:
    Vista RC2 expired quite some time ago, so a key for that won't work anymore.

If you're looking for a key for a non-beta version of Vista, you'll need to actually buy one.  Smile

-Chris

Sunday, December 7, 2008 10:54 PM