Server 2012 R2 Wsus Sync Failing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm new to WSUS and currently I'm stuck. Our holding company currently in USA has a main WSUS Server. from their we have a down stream server in South Africa. this down stream server works fine. however recently we have added 3 additional downstream servers pointing to the 1st downstream server. The WSUS works and everything and it receives updates but every time i click on Sync then it says failed and sometimes i receive a server node reset. any explanation as to why this is happening 

• Moved by Garth JonesMVP Friday, August 11, 2017 12:21 PM WSUS Question
    Friday, August 11, 2017 11:42 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I suggest you run server cleanup wizard on all those WSUS servers, and you may check whether you have proxy set between the second level downstream server and the third lever WSUS server. 

And you may look into the event log, check do you have event 364 logged. 

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Bez.Corne Monday, August 14, 2017 1:29 PM
    Monday, August 14, 2017 3:03 AM

All replies

• So this is WSUS without ConfigMgr Integration?

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Friday, August 11, 2017 11:50 AM
  • Hi, 

used the config wizard to configure the WSUS, then changed it to Sync from another WSUS server and ticked replica of the upstream server. connected to the upstream and started syncing. Succesfully synced and it received around 460 GB updates. now when the main WSUS automaticaly syncs or if i click sync it does receive tge latest updates but fails. please see attached

the downloads receives the latest updates then it keeps showing 952.72 of 952.72MB until it sees new updates. also Sync keeps failing at around 93%

thanks 

Corne' Bezuidenhout

Friday, August 11, 2017 12:06 PM
  • Hello,

I suggest you run server cleanup wizard on all those WSUS servers, and you may check whether you have proxy set between the second level downstream server and the third lever WSUS server. 

And you may look into the event log, check do you have event 364 logged. 

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Bez.Corne Monday, August 14, 2017 1:29 PM
    Monday, August 14, 2017 3:03 AM