none
PWA 2010 Project Center ribbon is disabled, page throws javascript error RRS feed

• Question

• When accessing the PWA site from a particular user's machine the Project Center page is broken.  The ribbon is greyed out and the page shows a javascript error.  This is in IE 8.

Message: 'SP.DateTimeUtil.IntlDate' is null or not an object
    Line: 2
    Char: 23267
    Code: 0
    URI:

This error seems to be machine-specific.  That same user logged in to another machine can access the PWA site without a problem, and the problem exists for any user logged in to that particular machine.

I have tried clearing the browser cache, resetting IE, adding the PWA site to the Trusted Sites.  None of it has worked.  I have SP1 and the October 2012 CU installed for Project Server.  There are no tasks in the 60-day range (I've seen that reported as a possible cause).

I've seen multiple people reporting this problem but never a consistent solution.  Any ideas?

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 4:46 PM

All replies

• Is it possible to install IE9? I am not sure if IE8 has developers tools option but could be worth to try by pressing F12 key in active IE window

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 4:53 PM
  • At the moment, no I can't install IE9.  I've opened up the developer tools window in IE8, not sure what to look for.  I see the same error I copied above.
    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 5:03 PM
  • In IE developer window click on scripts and then refresh PWA page, what errors do you see in Dev tools?

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 5:45 PM
  • Also 60 days issue is not always 60 days , there are some  variations. However in the scenario user is able to access the same page on different machine I don't think we are seeing 60 days related issue

On troublesome machine, have another issue login and have PWA user to connect and validate the result.

This is will identify If the issue is with local windows profile or not

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 5:48 PM
  • I see these two errors in the Dev tools:

'SP.DateTimeUtil.IntlDate' is null or not an object  jsgrid.gantt.js?rev=QeMlynX3yiGsrTWH8GAGQg%3D%3D, line 2 character 23267

Object expected  jsgrid.js?rev=mx0FnsqZMQTgnLRUymCf8w%3D%3D, line 2 character 250180

I'm not sure I understand your other instructions: "have another issue login and have PWA user to connect and validate the result"

I can confirm that multiple users have the same problem on the troublesome machine.  I don't think it's an issue with the local windows profile.
    • Edited by jeappleyard Tuesday, April 30, 2013 5:59 PM
    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 5:54 PM
  • Let us assume  error is related to User A on his machine.

Have another user B login to user A's system using his credentials . Launch IE and connect to PWA site which will by default use user B's credentials. From right had side top corner click on user name and select Sign in as different user. Login prompt will appear on screen. Now have user A enter his\her credentials. Try to repro the issue. If issue is not reproducible. You may need to log on the  computer with administrators permission and delete or rename user A's profile container from C:\Users\{User A ID} . Before deleting this profile make sure that user A has copied all his data like Favorites, desktop, documents etc.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:00 PM
  • No, users A and B see the same error when using their own credentials.
    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:04 PM
  • Interesting.

Did you compare working and non working system configuration?

Try disabling Antivirus, remove IE add-ons, review installed software's list and identify unknown applications and remove if needed.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:10 PM
  • The problem machine is a newly-built server created as part of a proof-of-concept project.  It has almost nothing installed except Windows 2008 R2 x64, Office 2010, and Project 2010.  All of our machines use the same anti-virus and I cannot disable it.

This is an offline machine so it won't have received any IE updates (it has v8.0.7601.17514).  Is there a particular IE update that addresses this issue?

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:22 PM
  • IE8 should be ok.

Did you try installing latest update using Windows Update option?

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:09 PM
  • Were you able to find an answer to this issue?  I'm experiencing it from a specific PC.  It happened once before and I thought the comparability setting was the cause, but changing that is not helping this time.
    Monday, July 22, 2013 6:54 PM
  • I have seen this happen, before whenever there are some windows updates installed.

You might want to try clearing the browser history, cache, temp files and cookies, and retry.

You could also do F12 >> Clear Browser Cache.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Monday, July 22, 2013 8:02 PM