User gets Not Enough memory error trying to open PDF's from FTP RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have an FTP solution that we use to transfer data back and forth with various clients. We use Windows Explorer to open to access the sites. Normally, a user would just click on a file in explorer and it would open up normally. However, we have one user and the client for a particular site that cannot open files just by double clicking them. No other users are experiencing this problem. When the client clicks one of the PDF's, they get a blank window that pops up. When our user clicks it, he get's the following error: "There is not enough free memory to run this program. Exit one or more programs, and then try again." It's a 64-bit install with 16 gigs of RAM. When he showed it to me, he was using about 4 gigs of that. He's tried rebooting with no success. There are no security settings preventing him from accessing it.

He and the clients can copy the files to their local machines and open them just fine, but the client was trying to upload files and make sure that they had uploaded properly.

I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but it seems to be a Microsoft related issue. We're sort of at a loss. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

-Kolby

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Did this issue just occur in this particular site?

Please try to Keep the computer on a clean boot and check for the issue status:

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Monday, September 30, 2013 1:22 AM
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 2:58 AM