none
Current User Filter on a merged list of usernames RRS feed

• Question

• I have one problem,

I have a list with the displaynames of users which comes from a InfoPath Formular. Now i want to filter the FormLibrary that only the items will displayed where the current logged in user is in the list of the displaynames.

Please if someone has any idea - so please post it - its urgent!!!!

Monday, July 23, 2007 7:08 PM

All replies

• Create a new view for the library, filter based on the column name = [Me]

or

Use front page designer, built a data view of your data and setup the filter on the column = current user

If you have designer go that route as you can create a lot more depth in the display. See my post of how useful the xslt is here: http://blog.bpsnw.com/2007/04/sharepoint-data-views-and-xslt.html

Monday, July 23, 2007 10:36 PM
  • Hey Braden,

thanks for the reply.

The first problem with the [Me] filter are multiple values. He cannot recognize that there are more values.

The second problem is that i cannot use this filter in a column with type single line of text.

I have tried the other option with the designer but i can't get it working to proof if the field projectuser contains the current logged in user. 

If you have another idea or can me help to get the designer solution to work i would be thankfull.

greets nadine 

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 2:40 PM
  • If I remember correctly the current logged in user displays as Domain\UserName could it be that is causing the filter not to work?

What does your username look like in the column?

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 3:28 PM
  • Hey Braden,

the username is the property name of the UserProfile in SharePoint.

example:

FirstName LastName

or

LastName, FirstName

but if the [Me] Filter looks like domain\login then i will try to modify the values to this. 

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 3:35 PM
  • If i try to use

column is equal to  [Current User]

Filter it is also not possible, when column value looks like domain\username.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 4:19 PM
  • Did any one find a solution?  Please let me know.

Martin

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 5:11 PM