Word opens onedrive files slower than downloading them manually and then opening them in word. RRS feed

• Question

• Doesn't that make Onedrive useless as a repository of files you need to work on?

Leon

Leon

Sunday, April 17, 2016 11:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Leon,

Does this only happen with Word files? What about other Office application files?

Please first try with a different network and see if issue persists. This might be simply caused by an unstable network connection.

Also, do you have any security software installed on your computer? Probably, it's performing an online scan while Word download the file, which might be causing the issue.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, April 18, 2016 5:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Leon,

Does this only happen with Word files? What about other Office application files?

Please first try with a different network and see if issue persists. This might be simply caused by an unstable network connection.

Also, do you have any security software installed on your computer? Probably, it's performing an online scan while Word download the file, which might be causing the issue.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, April 18, 2016 5:10 AM
  • Thanks for the idea. I'll try it as soon as I can and get back to you. I am on vacation.

Thanks.

Leon

Leon

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 5:02 AM
  • Sure.

Please feel free to post back with any findings.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Monday, April 25, 2016 9:09 AM