VIDEO ERROR message whenever I try to open a Windows Media Center video file with xBox 360. RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I try to open a Windows Media Center video file with xBox 360, a message pops-up saying " VIDEO ERROR - Files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctly. Please restart Media Center and/or restart the computer." I did restart the computer, and installed my graphics drivers. It still does not work. What should I do?
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 8:47 PM

Answers

• As this issue is related with Windows 7, in order to get the answer effectively, it is recommended to post a new question in Windows 7 Forum for further discussion in the future.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Sabrina

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, December 30, 2011 8:42 AM
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 5:35 AM

All replies

• What’s the video file format?

Also, please check if the steps in the following KB article helps:

When I used the Online Media feature of Media Center Extender, I received an error message: "Video Error" or returns to the Gallery

Sabrina

Thursday, December 22, 2011 7:46 AM
  • Tried that.  The only difference is that I get a blank screen now.  I had this problem before and I made some change to the TCPIP settings and I don't recall exactly what I did.  I get the listings of videos and Recorded Tv on the xBox 360 but when I select one to play I get the Video Error.  Any further suggestion will be appreciated.  I'm running Win 7Pro.  I can play selections fine from my PC. Thanks.
    Friday, December 23, 2011 7:14 PM
  • As this issue is related with Windows 7, in order to get the answer effectively, it is recommended to post a new question in Windows 7 Forum for further discussion in the future.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Sabrina

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, December 30, 2011 8:42 AM
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 5:35 AM