none
Deployments only sometimes recognize the default gateway to gather database location settings RRS feed

• Question

• I had been using location settings in the database without any trouble in my previous MDT server up until 6 or 8 months ago. At that point it was only able to recognize the gateway occasionally on boot. More often than not it fails. I never was able to find the source of the problem so I gave up and reluctantly moved those settings to the roles. I had hoped that my new server would magically eliminate the problem, but of course, that's not the case.

I've noticed that if I wait a few seconds at a "dirty environment" dialog before continuing that it will always pick up the gateway and proceed as normal. This tells me that without that delay it's trying to gather before fully initializing with the network. So, what can I do to get it to pause a few seconds before starting ZTIgather?

Andy

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 5:36 PM

Answers

• I was able to solve this by adding a 5 second delay to the ZTIGather.wsf script just before the call to SyncEnvironment in the "Main" function.
    • Marked as answer by Dr_Optical2 Tuesday, November 28, 2017 4:19 PM
    • Edited by Dr_Optical2 Tuesday, November 28, 2017 4:21 PM added the script name
    Tuesday, November 28, 2017 4:19 PM