FSRM mail notification in Server 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I still have the question regarding FSRM mail notification in Windows Server 2012R2 unanswered:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/88d1ffc7-f6df-4c7d-aca2-1aba0d7a6387/fsrm-mail-notification?forum=winserverfiles

...and would like to ask MS why it does not want to add the mail authentication option (button) to this window in Windows Server 2016?

If FSRM CAN'T send anonymous mail notifications doesn't it make sense to allow a user to configure the appropriate authentication method rather then configuring send-as permission for the FSRM server's computer account as prescribed by this post (but did not help me):

"FSRM server use its computer account to authenticate the SMTP session before submitting message to exchange. To resolve the issue you must assign FSRM count account ( servername$) send as permission on user mailbox you are using in From field from exchange management Shell as Rich mentioned.

Add-Adpermission -Identity "username" -user "domain\comuptername$" -extendedrights "Send-as"

Note: The username is User address you are using in From field. Computername$ is FSRM server computer account name.

New-ReceiveConnector -Name FSRM -Usage Custom -Bindings xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:25 -RemoteIPRanges xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -AuthMechanism BasicAuth -PermissionGroups Anonymous

See: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-us/b1c40455-a337-422b-bedd-597beae13969/smtp-authentication-and-fsrm?forum=winserverfiles"

I find situation ridiculous when an administrator is supposed to "...assign FSRM count account ( servername$) send as permission on user mailbox..." instead of just setting up a couple of things in the FSRM Options dialog...

Regards,

Michael

Monday, January 25, 2016 9:31 AM

All replies

• Better to post in the dedicated File server forum as the original post mentioned in your question.
    Thursday, January 28, 2016 8:34 AM
  • But my original post was regarding Windows Server 2012R2, not 2016.
    Friday, January 29, 2016 12:57 PM