none
change the Sharepoint modal dialog window Title bar color RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

While showing the Sharepoint modal dialog window i need  to change the title bar color depend upon whether its error,info,warning.this color code will be sent as parameter.is it possible to change the title bar color of modal dialog window?if how can we do it?

Thanks & regards

Pulikkan

Friday, April 15, 2011 8:19 AM

Answers

• Pulikkan,

You should be able to accomplish this using CSS and changing the value of the background color based on a value you pass to the dialog. The div class for the dialog title bar is ms-dlgTitle. Have you thought about using the built-in status bar instead? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff410028.aspx

Thanks,

Dallas

• Marked as answer by Porter Wang Wednesday, April 20, 2011 2:17 AM
    Monday, April 18, 2011 5:55 PM
  • function

ModalDialogTitleColor(color) {

$(

'.ms-dlgTitle').css('background'

, color)

}

call this method rfom the aspx page

• Marked as answer by Pulikan Saturday, April 23, 2011 8:57 AM
    Saturday, April 23, 2011 8:57 AM

All replies

• Pulikkan,

You should be able to accomplish this using CSS and changing the value of the background color based on a value you pass to the dialog. The div class for the dialog title bar is ms-dlgTitle. Have you thought about using the built-in status bar instead? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff410028.aspx

Thanks,

Dallas

• Marked as answer by Porter Wang Wednesday, April 20, 2011 2:17 AM
    Monday, April 18, 2011 5:55 PM
  • function

ModalDialogTitleColor(color) {

$(

'.ms-dlgTitle').css('background'

, color)

}

call this method rfom the aspx page

• Marked as answer by Pulikan Saturday, April 23, 2011 8:57 AM
    Saturday, April 23, 2011 8:57 AM
  • What about changing the color as it relates to a larger title bar as from a list...Like the screen print below...I can't seem to get it to change to the green I want.  it only changes the top part, not the bluish part inbetween the title and buttons. Any suggestions?

Thursday, October 3, 2013 11:53 PM