Local Credentials RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I've faced a problem when I attempt to use local credentials to inventory a machine. Follows some problem's aspects:

1. When I try to use the domain administrative credentials, it works fine.
    2. When I try to use a local administrative credentials of the same machine, it doesn't work.
    3. If I attempt to inventory another machine out of the domain using its local administrative credentials, it doesn't work too.
    4. The message on the step 2 and 3 is "Access Denied".
    5. All the ports and settings requested for MAP Toolkit are defined.
    6. I'm using the version 8.5.

I'll appreciate any help.

Thx in advance.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 8:11 PM

All replies

• If the target machines are running Vista/Server 2008 or newer, then it is likely that UAC is blocking you. UAC will downgrade any credentials to guest level permissions when used to remotely access a machine except for domain credentials. There is also a policy setting that does this which can affect XP/2003 and older OS's. This TechNet Wiki article describes how to configure your environment properly.
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/8657.map-prepare-the-environment-wmi.aspx

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 1:23 AM