Need help creating new Incident Resolution workflow RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to add logic for cancelling incidents that have no response or inactivity. My problem is, I don't have the option to expand the resolution category when creating a workflow. I've added "cancelled due to inactivity" as a child item to my Incident Resolution List in the library, but when trying to create a workflow I don't see any child items of Incident Resolution. What am I missing? I have incident status of Active/Resolved and Closed. Active has several child items (On Hold, waiting user response, etc). These show up when creating workflows. But my Resolution categories aren't showing up (Fixed by analyst, followed KB article, closed due to no response,etc) ... I just get Resolved.

Maybe I'm confused on when to use a workflow vs using a subscription? any help is appreciated. 

Monday, July 6, 2015 3:47 PM

Answers

• I get what you're saying, but I still don't understand completely. Like I said, all of the incident status' show up and they're inside the same MP as the resolution list. So Incident Status and Incident Resolution are both in the same MP. And from what I can tell are both there after install in the default MP of Incident Management Library. Why can I see the incident status list, but not the resolution list? to add to that, the Incident Management Library IS a sealed MP. And when creating the workflow, it doesn't let you chose that MP. 
    I'm giving up on this. Thanks for your help though. 
    Monday, July 20, 2015 3:21 PM

All replies

• it sounds like you've added an enumeration to the Service Manager database, then you're trying to reference those values in the authoring tool? is this correct, or are you creating a console workflow? 

if you are using the authoring tool, you need to export the MP that contains the enumeration from the service manager database and open it in the authoring tool. you MIGHT need to store your workflow in the same MP in order to reference a value that isn't sealed. 

if you're using a console workflow, the export isn't required, but the prohibition about unsealed values still stands. if your enum is in an unsealed MP, you'll need to put the workflow in the same MP. 

Monday, July 6, 2015 8:10 PM
  • This is from the console. I'm creating a new Incident workflow and trying to reference child items of the Incident Resolution List in the default Incident Management Library MP. If I create a new MP or use an existing one (that has the Incident Management Library as a dependency) it doesn't let me expand the Resolved category when selecting my workflow criteria. 
    Tuesday, July 7, 2015 6:27 PM
  • you can't reference values that exist in an unsealed MP outside of that MP. 

either put your values into a different sealed MP or move your workflow into the same MP as the enumeration. 

Sunday, July 19, 2015 12:56 AM
  • I get what you're saying, but I still don't understand completely. Like I said, all of the incident status' show up and they're inside the same MP as the resolution list. So Incident Status and Incident Resolution are both in the same MP. And from what I can tell are both there after install in the default MP of Incident Management Library. Why can I see the incident status list, but not the resolution list? to add to that, the Incident Management Library IS a sealed MP. And when creating the workflow, it doesn't let you chose that MP. 
    I'm giving up on this. Thanks for your help though. 
    Monday, July 20, 2015 3:21 PM