none
Cannot edit/update details of the selected task ! RRS feed

• Question

• I had created one Project A on MPP 2010 and public on Project Server 2010. When the team members access PWA to update their task progress (% completed), but textbox "Timephased work:” have been hidden (invisible). So, they can not update & send their tasks for PM approval.

I have allocated the permission  to the members.

- How can I solve this problem and ? It's very urgent.

My company use: Prpject Server 2010, MS Project Pro 2010 client,  SharePoint Svr 2010, SQL Server 2008 R2, Exchange Svr 2010

I would like to get helps of everyone. 

Thanks

Tuan

Monday, June 20, 2011 9:16 AM

Answers

• Hi Tuan,

if you want to use % Complete as tracking method, you need to make sure that this tracking method is used by by all projects. Either by any PM in Project Client in Fiel - Info - Tracking Method (in the right pane). Or you force your PMs to use this tracking method: Server Settings - Task Settings and Display - Percent of work complete. Moreover, you should provide column % Complete in Timesheet views.

Not sure what you mean with textbox "Timephased work:” being hidden?

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by Huu Tuan Tuesday, June 21, 2011 1:51 AM
    Monday, June 20, 2011 9:34 AM

All replies

• Hello Tuan,

First verify in PWA> Server settings> Look & Feel> Manage Views > My Work 

Open teh view & verify that "% Work Complete" column is added to view.

2. verify from User's Task page & Click on Header of Task view & Open Menu > Configure Column , verify that "% Work Complete" is checked. If not, click the check box & hit OK.

It will show up the "% Work Complete" column.

Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82
    • Unmarked as answer by Huu Tuan Tuesday, June 21, 2011 1:51 AM
    Monday, June 20, 2011 9:30 AM
  • Hi Tuan,

if you want to use % Complete as tracking method, you need to make sure that this tracking method is used by by all projects. Either by any PM in Project Client in Fiel - Info - Tracking Method (in the right pane). Or you force your PMs to use this tracking method: Server Settings - Task Settings and Display - Percent of work complete. Moreover, you should provide column % Complete in Timesheet views.

Not sure what you mean with textbox "Timephased work:” being hidden?

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, June 20, 2011 9:34 AM
  • Hi Tuan,

Besides what was mentioned, keep in mind that a tracking method will not change on a already published project. Only new projects will inherit the tracking method set as specified above.

Andre

Monday, June 20, 2011 11:16 AM
  • @ Barbara,

Thanks for your excellent answer! This problem was solved by ur way, and members can update task status on PWA.

@ Amit,

Thank you for taking the time to help my problem. But this isn't show "% Work Complete" column in My View.

@ Andre,

Thanks! I understand what you say.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 1:50 AM