none
Document Permissions

Question

• I am trying to figure out that if I create a folder/file then invite people to have access to it how it will only give them access and not everyone by default.

Currently when I try this, everyone already has access to the document that is created. There will be times where I cannot have them access the document or folder.

I apologize if this has been answered before, just cant seem to find the right terms to Google it.

Thursday, December 15, 2016 11:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my understanding, you have one library and want everyone be able to access it( including new child folder/items).

You could try to follow this and check:

Go to your library->Shared With->Invite people, share everyone to this library.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, December 16, 2016 5:39 AM
  • Hi,

Is any update for your issue?

Best Regards,

Lee

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, December 19, 2016 10:41 AM
  • Lee,

Sorry for the delayed response, for some reason I do not get emails when someone replies to my questions on here.

Here is what I was trying to accomplish.

Document library for "Accounting"

Add all users to the site in that department

I want some confidential folders to have only a select few of those members in Accounting to have access and keep the rest of the department from viewing the contents of the folder.

For some reason when I click share with, identify the people to have access, then check "Shared With", it has other people that should not be able to view the folder.

Hope that gives a better understanding of my goals. Thank you.

Friday, January 6, 2017 7:07 PM
  • Hi,

I think you need unique permission for these confidential folders.

You could do as below.

Go to your folder->advanced->Shared With->ADVANCED

Stop Inheriting Permissions.

Then, you could edit/remove user permissions.

Best Regards,

Lee

Monday, January 9, 2017 1:46 AM