none
Project Server 2013 - Home page goes right to Schedule (project detail non form) page and shows error message RRS feed

• Question

• I had a working fresh installation of Project Server 2013, two boxes (App and SQL), all English and OS Windows 2008 R2 SP1. The only change I did last time one week ago was change the Look and the page logo. After one week of inactivity, I went back to PWA and when I entered the http://servername/pwa appeared the following url:

http://servername/PWA/project%20detail%20pages/schedule.aspx and the page below with the error message "

and not http://servername/PWA/default.aspx.

If I type the full home page URL with "defaut.aspx" it goes to the right page without error, but it is not necessary normally.

I already reprovisioned the PWA site and ran the SharePoint Wizard without success.

I made further research on the new default URL and I noticed that http://servername/PWA/project%20detail%20pages/schedule.aspx is an incomplete address. It lacks the project name address, so probably it was caused by a glitch in a project and inserterd a bad register in the database. Now I am looking there. In the Delete objects there is not anything anormal.

How do I correct this problem?

Thank you.

Best regards, Ricardo Segawa - Segawas Projetos / Microsoft Partner

• Edited by R.Segawa Wednesday, April 10, 2013 8:10 PM A possible hint.
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I read the issues corrected by April 13 Cumulative Update and it seemed to me that it should apply to my case. I installed this update and the issue disappeared.

• Marked as answer by R.Segawa Monday, May 13, 2013 2:05 AM
    Monday, May 13, 2013 2:05 AM

All replies

• I looked at the ProjectServer database but I did not find anything in the draft, published an view tables of Project and Tasks.

So no solution in sight.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 8:59 PM
  • What is the behavior if you create a brand new PWA instance?

When you re-provision, provisioned with new site collection or existing site collection?

How did you change the logo?

Open the PWA --> Server settings -->Quick launch and ensure there is no faulty URL configured

/sites/pwa/_layouts/15/pwa/Admin/SiteMap.aspx

-Check the table site map table and compare with OOB PWA

select sm_url,sm_custom_url from msp_sitemap

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 10:59 PM
  • Hi Sriram,

These are the answers:

• I changed the logo using the tile to change the logo in the home page of PWA.
    • The configuration of the Quick Launch table is out of the box. However when I click in the Project Web App links in the top of the page, it tooks to that wrong URL.
    • I was unable to verify the table site map.

Actually I decided to uninstall and install again the SharePoint and the Project Server and now it is working again. It took only two hours to get PWA live.

My main worry is why this problem happened, if nobody worked in the server during last one and half week. It was working great and I did not find any significative error in the event viewers of app and dabase servers as well as ULS logs in this period but one restart after Windows update yesterday. In my lab that mimics the customer's environment, I made the same updates, but nothing like that happened.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 12:42 AM
  • Hi,

I read the issues corrected by April 13 Cumulative Update and it seemed to me that it should apply to my case. I installed this update and the issue disappeared.

• Marked as answer by R.Segawa Monday, May 13, 2013 2:05 AM
    Monday, May 13, 2013 2:05 AM