none
Working with custom Fields RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create and indicator that will look at the finish date and compare it to the current Date and give me an indication when I am getting close or am beyond my finish date. My biggest problem is that the Now function does not seem to Update after I use it the first time. Am I approching this from the wrong direction or is there something I am missing?

Any help would be appreciated

Friday, July 13, 2012 6:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I just tested the [Current Date] field (found under Project, Date) and it did update.

Gretings,

Friday, July 13, 2012 7:28 PM
  • Hi Tim,

You should be able to create a function (IIf or Switch) that compares the Current Date (use the [Current Date] field) against the [Finish Date] field.  You'll need to define what you mean by "close" but below is a sample that should get you pointed in the correct direction.

In a text field:

Switch(DateDiff("d",[Current Date],[Finish])>5,"week",DateDiff("d",[Current Date],[Finish])<0,"Late",DateDiff("d",[Current Date],[Finish])<=5,"current")

I hope this helps.

Julie

Friday, July 13, 2012 7:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I just tested the [Current Date] field (found under Project, Date) and it did update.

Gretings,

Friday, July 13, 2012 7:28 PM
  • Hi Tim,

You should be able to create a function (IIf or Switch) that compares the Current Date (use the [Current Date] field) against the [Finish Date] field.  You'll need to define what you mean by "close" but below is a sample that should get you pointed in the correct direction.

In a text field:

Switch(DateDiff("d",[Current Date],[Finish])>5,"week",DateDiff("d",[Current Date],[Finish])<0,"Late",DateDiff("d",[Current Date],[Finish])<=5,"current")

I hope this helps.

Julie

Friday, July 13, 2012 7:40 PM