none
Room Resourse - Outlook Subject missing from Shared Calendar

Question

• What version of Outlook are you currently using? Outlook 2016

What is Operating system of your computer? Windows 7 Professional

My problem lies with Rooms/Resources. I created two conference rooms in the Office 365 Administration module. Then I set my Outlook permissions to FULL Details so that each of my people can see the folder and invite the conference room to reserve the  meeting room. However, whenever a new meeting is set up for a conference rooms, the SUBJECT does not show, only the name of the person that set the meeting shows. We would really like to show the subject as this will allows us to determine if we can change the meeting to another conference room if needed - depending on size and equipment needed for the meeting.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Karin

Thursday, April 20, 2017 3:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Karin,

Does this issue continue if we test it in OWA?

Based on my research, this is the default behavior of resource mailbox. If you want to show subject, you need to set the DeleteSubject parameter. The DeleteSubject parameter specifies whether to remove or keep the subject of incoming meeting requests. Valid input for this parameter is $true or $false. The default value is $true. You will need to set it to $false in this case.

This parameter is used only on resource mailboxes where the AutomateProcessing parameter is set to AutoAccept.

If you don't want to show the organizer, you need also set the AddOrganizerToSubject parameter. You should change the value to $false.

See the following article for more information:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd335046(v=exchg.160).aspx

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Friday, April 21, 2017 7:37 AM
  • Hi Steve:

Thanks for the reply. I believe that we are one step closer to resolving my problem. I added the attributes that I though would make my calendar work correctly, but we are still not getting the Subject to show in lieu of the organizer. My latest attempt was to add item 1. Is there anything else you can suggest?  Thanks for your help,

Karin Hill

Karin Hill

Thursday, May 4, 2017 8:57 PM
  • Hi Karin,

Instead of creating custom attributes, we should run the Set-CalendarProcessing cmdlet to modify calendar processing options for resource mailboxes. Regarding how to connect to Exchange Online PowerShell, you can have a look at this article, or you can post a new question the the Exchange Online forum to get further assistance:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/home?forum=onlineservicesexchange

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 8, 2017 12:15 PM