Would Like to Delete Folders/Files Listed in Library Folder, that I created RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Dell Studio XPS 9100 computer with Windows 7 Prof.  When I first received the computer, I created three new folders in the Library Folder.  After awhile, I decided not to use the Library feature, and instead now directly access the actual folders and files.  As I understand it, these folders and files names in the Library folder are just shortcuts to the actual folders and files.   If this is correct, can I safetly delete the files and folders names I created  in the Library folder, without deleting the actual folders and files on my HD?   Thanks for any help, Sam.
    Friday, September 2, 2011 5:06 PM

Answers

• No! Do not delete the files/folders directly in the library.

To remove a particular location from the library, click on the particular library (Documents, Music, Video or Pictures) and click on link exactly under the title on the page. Refer screenshot (highlighted in red):

After that you will see a list of locations included in the particular library. Select the location and click on Remove. They will safely remove the locations included in the library without actually deleting the files in the original location. Hope it helps!

Kunal D Mehta - a Windows Server Enthusiast | My first TechNet Wiki Article
    • Proposed as answer by Server Baba Sunday, September 4, 2011 5:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:03 AM
    Saturday, September 3, 2011 9:45 PM
  • Kunal, many thanks for your reply.  Have a good weekend, Sam.

• Marked as answer by ScamSam Monday, September 5, 2011 7:30 PM
    Sunday, September 4, 2011 2:36 AM

All replies

• No! Do not delete the files/folders directly in the library.

To remove a particular location from the library, click on the particular library (Documents, Music, Video or Pictures) and click on link exactly under the title on the page. Refer screenshot (highlighted in red):

After that you will see a list of locations included in the particular library. Select the location and click on Remove. They will safely remove the locations included in the library without actually deleting the files in the original location. Hope it helps!

• Proposed as answer by Server Baba Sunday, September 4, 2011 5:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:03 AM
    Saturday, September 3, 2011 9:45 PM
  • Kunal, many thanks for your reply.  Have a good weekend, Sam.

• Marked as answer by ScamSam Monday, September 5, 2011 7:30 PM
    Sunday, September 4, 2011 2:36 AM
  • Great weekend to you too, Sam!

PS: Don't forget to mark the above post as an answer if it answers your question.. :)

Sunday, September 4, 2011 5:55 AM